Prologue: Unwillingly Together

Hyungwon was running late, as per usual. He didn't get it, he always woke up on time, so why did it seem he was rushing out the door every morning. Sure he always took a bit longer in the shower than most normal people and he had to make sure he did the entirety of his skin care routine, but was almost missing the bus really the punishment he needed for taking pride in his appearance.

He checked himself over in the mirror, running his fingers through his dark hair, and smoothening the wrinkles on his shirt before grabbing his phone, stuffing it in his bag, and quickly hoping down the stairs two at a time. He opened the front door just in time to see the school bus rush past his house and disappear down the street.

He groaned loudly closing the door with a dramatic flare before turning on his heel and walking into the kitchen. "Chiwon," He called his older brother's name. "I missed the bus."

"Well who's fault is that?" Chiwon laughed as he walked back and forth in the small kitchen gathering everything he needed. He seemed to be rushing as well.

"Not mine." Hyungwon sighed with a slight frown. "If I just had a few more seconds I would have made it. I bet that witch even saw me as she drove passed."

A scoff came from the direction of the table and Hyungwon automatically scowled at the person who made it.

"Serves you right if you call her something like a witch," Wonho, his brother's best friend, and also the person he loathed the most in the whole damn world, stated. "You should respect your elders."

"I do respect my elders," Hyungwon snapped defensively. "She just really is a witch. Besides you're the last person to talk to me about respecting anyone." He really hated his brother's friend, couldn't stand him even. They clashed quite ferociously the first time they met and nothing has changed in the past seven years. It was lucky Hyungwon loved his older brother so much or he'd definitely never subject himself to being in Wonho's presence as often as he had to. 

Wonho just gave a cocky laugh, which pissed Hyungwon off even more.

He decided to ignore him. "Chiwon, please give me a ride to school." He gave his brother a begging look.

"Sorry, But I don't have time. I have a meeting in fifteen minutes and your school is not on the way." His brother frowned grabbing his bag and the lunch he'd packed.

"Hm.. how am I supposed to get to school then...?" Hyungwon exhaled, grabbing both straps of his backpack and letting his eyes trail along the ceiling as he tapped his foot. "I guess I just won't go," he stated carelessly.

"No," His brother replied pointing an accusing finger at him. "You're going. Wonho has to go there too anyway. He can take you."

"Oh God please no." Hyungwon made a face of disgust. "I'd rather walk even if I'm late."

"You're not going to walk such a long distance by yourself." His brother refuted with a disapproving but protective expression.

"Chiwon~I'm not a kid anymore. I can handle myself." Hyungwon defended frowning slightly in his older sibling's direction

"Sorry little brother it's still a no. You can't be late anyway. Just go with him. One car ride won't kill you." Chiwon remained stubborn.

"It might if it's him..." Hyungwon muttered. He then bit back an amused smile. "If I don't kill him first that is..."

"Then maybe you shouldn't have missed the bus." Wonho smirked.

"Again. Not my fault," Hyungwon defended glaring at him as his presence had suddenly become known to him once again.