10. Yes or No?

<Nicky's POV>

I turned around only to see the raven haired woman angrily staring at Logan, her eyes filled with rage and anger.

"Alex," Logan stuttered intimidated suddenly standing up. Although he was a few inches taller than Alex, her high held head was staring coldly at his body which seemed tiny. She stepped closer to him the tension in the air almost touchable. Every single conversation in this room had come to an halt, all eyes know focussing on Vause and Logan. A guard was already stepping closer, his fingers lingering on the handcuffs, ready to shove Vause into SHU for a few weeks. 

I couldn't allow Vause to get thrown into SHU whilst I got released, so I stood up, reaching out for Vause with my hand. 

"Nichols, keep your hands to yourself!" Luschek yelled at me, clearly wanting to start a fight. He was an absolutely disgusting guard who was making money off of the misery of prisoners. But he was right, I sat down again, my eyes glued to Vause who was know staring at Logan, their faces only inches apart. His whole facial expression seemed scared and intimidated by the woman whose eyes gave nothing away. And just as the tension got so unbearable that a guard was walking towards the two of them, Vause stepped forward. Every single person in the room, visitors, inmates and guards inhaled out of shock, unable to move. I think everyone expected Vause to slap or punch him in the face as she stepped closer, so imagine my surprise as she wrapped her arms around him and buried her face into his sweater. 

"Really missed you, dipshit." She mumbled quietly, pulling him even closer. A smile appeared on Logan's face as he rested his head on hers, like a couple which was finally reunited. Seeing them like this, almost everyone in the room smiled, I even caught Luschek tilting his head in awe. As soon as he caught me grinning at his behaviour he cleared his throat before tearing the two friends apart whilst exclaiming:" That's a shot Vause!" 

"It was worth it." She mumbled, holding on to Logans hand for a few more seconds. She sat down next to me, the four of us finally reunited again. 

----------------

"No way!" Caleb explained suddenly, causing me and Vause to lean back. He stood up and ran towards the petite brunette who know was wrapping her arms around Caleb. I instinctively smiled at the happiness radiating from the two of them, seeing how close they were even after so many years of separation. 

"Morello!" Luschek yelled angrily, before glaring at me again. Lorna stepped away from Caleb a grin plastered on her face. I hadn't seen her this happy the entire 4 weeks she had already been in here. 

"Lorna?" A croaky voice emerged from the other side of the room. 

And that's when I recognised him. The dark, almost black hair, the round eyes, the small figure, which I had once seen four years ago and which since then was seared into my brain as if someone had branded me with a mental picture of that moment. 

<flashback> 

"I can't believe your doing this;" she said her eyes staring at the golden ring in the box. It was a perfect sunny day, making the diamond shine and glisten even brighter. This day would be magical, I said to myself in thoughts, prepping me for our encounter. "This must be it." I held in front of an old brick house, which looked like a place generations of students had already studied to death in.

"Here we go," I exclaimed mostly to myself as I closed the red velvet box and put it into my pocket. I was wearing a black small dress, the same as in the first day Lorna and I met. My breathing calmed a bit when I saw Vause raising her thumbs wishing me good luck. The door opened loudly as I entered the halls of what I thought was Lorna's dorm. The high ceilings and stone walls reminded me of the Catholic church camp I was sent to when I was little. Whilst going up the stairs, which had no end I repeated my speech in my mind.

Lorna, my love. I know that I messed up, I know that I haven't been the best version of myself and that my life was an absolute mess when you left. And I can completely understand why you did what you did. But the last months, I spent time in rehab. I even go to a real university and I finally have a real job, and believe me when I tell you, you would love it. I know that if I told you that I had changed you wouldn't believe me, and probably I would be lying, because one thing, the most important thing, well person- never changed. Lorna, you have always been my priority. You have always been my sweetheart, my first love and also my last. And if you let me, I promise that I will prove to you that you are my everything and I love you. 

I have never believed in love at first sight, that we are able to give our hearts away upon one view or that after just one glance we are in love. But I do believe the second I saw your eyes, I loved them. And the moment I saw your smile, I loved it. And the instant I heard you laugh I fell in love with the sound. I have never believed in love at first sight but I do believe in one glance in your direction I have belonged to you completely. And believe me Lorna, I know you're scared, and believe me, I'm scared as hell too to want you. But here I am, wanting you anyway.

And I know that if you agree, you will have so many doubts, and so many fears of what might go wrong, but I, for myself, can say that out there in the world, there is no-one whom I would love more, and anyone whom I could imagine spending my life with but you. You're the one. You are my everything. And if you give me a chance, I will prove to you every single day of my life, until the last breath I take and from then on as a ghost, that I will do anything to make you happy. So, Lorna Morello, will you marry me? 

I exhaled as I reached the correct door, preparing me for what was about to happen. For a second I closed my eyes, praying to God that she would agree, but if not that she would at least give me a chance to make things right. So I promised to myself in that moment that whether she would so Yes or No, that I would never give up on the two of us. 

Determined I knocked on the wooden door, expecting for the tiny brunette to appear. Instead my eyes met his.