Chapter 17

Iris Pov*

Austin drove me home but I really didn't  want to be home. Since my ribs just got done from surgery making it difficult to focus on driving.. actually even breathing. My car was fixed faster than me since my parents probably love it more than me. They didn't even come see how I was doing. 

"Austin I don't want to go home." I tell him.

"Okay then where should we go?" he says.

"Let's go to your house." I say.

He nods and we headed to his house.

I was still in a gloomy mood and today is thanksgiving. But like always my parents are on business trips. 

We got to his house and he holds my hand to take me in. His Dad, and two little boys were watching football on tv. His mom was in the kitchen with a girl. She looked about thirteen.

They looked like a normal family but why would Austin do all those bad things. He grabbed my hand and introduce me to his family. The two little boys were named Jason and Jake. The girl was named Lily. His dad Wade and mom Katy.

After that he brought me to his room and it was actually pretty clean for a guy. We decided to play video games together. After awhile Jason came in the room.

"Mom says to come down."Jason says.

We get up and we head downstairs. This was so awkward I have never sat a table with so many people except lunch. Austin squeezed my leg to tell me it was fine. The table was full of delicious foods. My parents would always leave me a full table of food for thanksgiving too. So I bet there is thanksgiving dinner at my house. After we ate for awhile I ask Austin if we can go to my house.

We got in his car and we headed to my house. I open it to find the big dinner that I'm sure I could never finish it. Every year I eat some for myself and then give the rest to foster homes or homeless people.

I wrap some of the casseroles in aluminum and made some plates for the homeless till it was all gone. Austin helped me drive while I gave the food to some people. There was this orphanage were I never really went but Austin drove up to it.

I got the last casserole and went up to the door. I rung the bell and waited for someone to open the door. Finally Someone opened the door but it wasn't just anyone it was Hayley.

"Hey, I brought this for you and all the children." I say with a smile.

"Weren't you at the hospital?" She asks.

I nod and she takes the casserole.

"Thank you Iris. Happy Thanksgiving." she says closing the door. I walk back to the car.

I didnt know Hayley was an orphan. Why is she even in the orphanage she is eighteen. Austin drove me home. I invited him in and we go upstairs like almost always. We go to the music room and I grab a guitar and just start playing something but don't feel like singing.

"So what are you going to do?" Austin asks.

"I don't know I could always just runaway." I tell him with a small smile that turn fast into a frown.

"Well I still want you to be my girlfriend. I only asked you to marry me because I don't want to lose you." he confesses.

"I still want you to be my boyfriend."I tell him giving him a kiss.

Austin gets on one knee and pulls the ring out again. 

"Let's make a promise that we will tell each other everything I know I asked you to be my girlfriend not to long ago but this is the first time I have ever loved a girl and I don't want to ruin it."