Chapter 11

I walked into class and sat in my usual seat. Like two seconds later Austin comes in and sits next to me. I grab my notebook and pretend to take notes so Austin doesn't ask me something or do something.

"Iris what are you doing with Dean?" Austin asks grabbing my wrist pretty hard.

"Nothing now stop I'm trying to do my work." I hiss at him. Feeling my eyes burn from tears.

"That's why you don't answer my text messages." he mutters.

"My phone broke yesterday." I say quietly and put my hair in front of my face so no one could see me shed a tear.

"You did the same yesterday.. were you to busy sucking face." I confront him.

He doesn't answer.

Like ten minutes into class I grab my stuff and run to the restroom. I know someone was chasing me so I ran faster. I should wait in here until they leave.

I looked at myself and I felt like a mess. I decided to take off my makeup and look pale for the rest of school day. I jumped when I hear the door slam. It was the preps.

"Well if it isn't the emo slut." says Gaby.

I was to upset to say anything back so I just headed out of the bathroom.

"oh I guess, Austin got tired of you already. Thanks for keeping him busy for awhile I'm sure he wants me back after all you could never do what I did to him," she brags.

He was with her at some point? I thought he hated her and that's why he protected me from her. Now I know that they used to screw around. 

She pulled me back and got hold of my stuff. She started ripping all my stuff.  The last notebook was my lyrics journal. She ripped it in half. I went to pick up the pieces and they went out back to their class. I started crying and sobbing holding my lyrics. Not cuz my notebook was ruin but because I was heart broken. I got up and ran outside to my car and drove home.

My parents weren't home like most of the time.  I got home and changed into an oversized white sweater and stockings . Austin left a bruise on my arm from when he grabbed me. I made my self a cup of tea and I got a different journal to rewrite everything on it. The doorbell rung so I sighed and went to answer it. 

I open the door and find Austin with a worried face. I had a blank face and I saw him looking me up and down but his eyes stopped at my bruised wrist. I had forgotten that he hurt me earlier.

"I'm sorry kitten I didn't mean to hurt you." He apologizes. He look upset and I couldn't break his heart like he did to me.

"It's okay." I tell him still upset. I missed being in his arms and inhaling his scent. I just don't know why I forgave him if he broke my heart.

I let him in and I went back to my room to put everything in my journal into a new one.

"Let me help." Austin offered. I handed him the new journal and told him to rewrite this torn page. Somethings we taped back in and others we rewrote. We were singing to my music on shuffle.

"You actually look like a kitten right now baby."He says with a grin.

I laugh and say, " I will take that as a compliment."

There was another ring so I go open the door and find Dean there. He looks me up and down biting his lip.

I roll my eyes and ask, "Yes can I help you."

"Just wondering if I can come in." He tells me.

"I really dont want anyone over right now." I quietly answered.