29; Snorkeling

YOUR POV

Blue and green water flash past me as we drive across the vast ocean. Everyone's eyes were filled with wonder and excitement. We are going snorkelling today.
The boat slowed towards an island, we could see the reef already thanks to the clear water. The sun is hot, I feel it's rays sinking into my back, ever so slowly burning me. I grab the sunscreen from my bag and lather it on. Yes, I want to get tan, but I don't want to get burnt. Peter came up behind me and kissing me in the crook of my neck. His warm hands rubbed the cream into my shoulders and back. His hands travelled under my bikini strap and along my arms. He rests his head on my shoulder as he hugs me from behind. A small smile brightens my face. I turn around and place my hands around his neck and look at him. The wind lightly moving his locks, his eyes squint because of the sun, his lips curved into a grin. My heart flutters and my stomachs does flips. I really love him. I gently place my lips on his lovingly. It wasn't a long one. It was just a short and sweet kiss. Like our first one was. I slide my hands down to his chest and rest my head on his shoulder.
"Can you do my back now?"
"Way to ruin the mood, Pete." I chuckle grabbing the sunscreen.

_______
Time skip
_______

The water was warm, but refreshing. The clearness was amazing. We put on our snorkels and dive in.
The coral was vibrant. Red. Blue. Purple. Yellow. Green. Turtles swam past with various types of fish. It was amazing. Stingrays hurried to swim away as we neared them. [rip Steve Irwin 😔👊].
Baby (harmless) sharks swam away aswell. It was beautiful. Dolphins came out to play with us, there were baby's and one adult. Incredible.
I lift my head up and out of the water quickly after feeling a tug on my leg. I lift my snorkel up so it rests on my head as I check I still have 2 legs. Phew.
"Y/n! Wanna go explore the island?" Peter says excitedly. I laugh and nod yes.

The sand burnt our feet as we skip to the grass patch just ahead of the sand.
Many different birds and animals scattered away as we neared.

"Shit! I forgot the Go Pro.. I'll be back! Don't go anywhere!" Peter curses as he, once again, skips towards the ocean. I see him sigh in relief once he feels he water on them. I chuckle. Everyone looks so happy.
*branch snaps*
_______________