Chapter 14- The Menacing Mushroom Part 3

Story Summary: final part of the menacing mushroom

*~*~*

Isadora's POV

I waited for Klaus by the pier at Briny Beach. I stood on the sand alone for a few minutes until a bunch of scientists in lab coats cane rushing down the stairs.

"Did you bring the sample bottles?", I heard one scientist ask another. These people must be Fiona's mycology team.

I slowly walked up to one of them and tapped them on her shoulder.

"Excuse me", I said tapping her shoulder. The scientist then turned her head to me.

"Yes?", she said. Our faces were now facing eachother. "Umm do you know when Fiona will arrive?"

"She should be coming in any second."

I felt a rumble in the sand, followed by the creaking of old metal coming from the pier. It was re Queequeg.

Fiona was the first to come out, but Klaus was not with her. She was still wearing her underwater suit. She took off her helmet as she walked down the pier.

"William! Richard! Help me!", she yelled. Two guys in lab coats came running past me, making my hair move a bit. When they reached her, she whispered something to them, and when she was finished they both ran quickly into the Queequeg. I heard chattering from behind me.

I approached Fiona. "Fiona where's Klaus?"

"I'm sorry Isadora", Fiona said tearing. "I couldn't save him".

It took me a while to process what Fiona had said. Tears began to develop as I realized what she said.

"What?"

"I'm sorry"

All of a sudden I saw Fiona's glasses on the sand. I had slapped her. I looked up at her and her hand was on her right cheek. I didn't realize what I did, I was just so mad. More tears started developing until I was completely sobbing.

"If only you hadn't come into his life then this would never had happened!"

From behind Fiona I heard the two guys tell something.

"What?", Fiona yelled still holding her cheek. "He's still alive!", one of the two guys said.

The rest of the mycology team gasped and started making their way towards the Queequeg with all their supplies they had in their bags. Fiona turned around to face me again.

"Let me save him", she said moving a bit closer.

"Go"

She made her way back to Queequeg with the rest of her team.

I waited helplessly near the pier awaiting his return.

After aboutt thirty minutes, one of her team members came out of the Queequeg. I ran to her so fast I think I almost knocked her down.

"Is he okay?!" I asked yanking her arm.

"He's fine. He will live."

Tears of happiness began enveloping in my eyes. Without thinking I ran and hugged her as tight as I could.

She told me to calm down, and I backed away from her a bit.

"However, we would like to keep him over night at our facility for further observation. Just in case something else happens."

"Ok", I nod. I didn't care, just as long as he was okay. Behind her I could see the rest of her team carrying a gurney with an unconscious Klaus on it. Where on Earth did they get that?

I watched them as they rolled Klaus away.
Fiona stopped next to me.

"Hey ummm". She started saying. "I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry. I know how much Klaus means to you. I'm sorry I almost brought you two apart."

I walked back towards my car without saying anything to her. I didn't care about what she had to say. All I knew was that Klaus was gonna live.