I want you to be happier

Finn's eyes tried scanning the crowd again. His back ached and sweat dropped from his nose, he was almost sure that the sweat was mostly from nerves. His eyes darted across the crowd looking for what made him so uneasy, this was the only moment he could look.

And like it was fate, or even destiny...Dark brown eyes stared back at him. It was the same eyes that made his breath hitch, the ghostly flavor of bitter orange juice filled kisses swarming into his mouth. The same eyes that looked down on him as he laid flat on the ice of a skating arena that smelt like cheap anti-freeze and shoe cleaner. It was two and a half years later and his eyes are still the same.

A swarming storm of panic filled up in his chest, this was the one thing he was scared of yet also the one thing he wanted more than anything; to see Jack again. Before he could whip up every reason as to why he couldn't play this last song, a water bottle thunked him in the head, hard. Ayla stood by her mic her fists clenched and a warning in her eyes. Finn looked down at his guitar and began strumming and tuning for the next song, the one song he really didn't wanna sing.

"Uhm... this is our last song," everybody booed and yelled out an encore, but the band simply smiled, Finn raised his hand steadily quickly gaining everyone's hushed attention.

Finn:
Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

When the morning comes
When we see what we've become
In the cold light of day we're a flame in the wind
Not the fire that we've begun
Every argument, every word we can't take back
'Cause with the all that has happened
I think that we both know the way that the story ends

Finn's eyes lifted from the ground, he glanced briefly to Jack's before they darted back to his shoe.

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I want to raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave
Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

When the evening falls
And I'm left there with my thoughts
And the image of you being with someone else
Well, that's eating me up inside
But we run our course, we pretend that we're okay

Now if we jump together at least we can swim
Far away from the wreck we made

Then only for a minute
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I want to raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave
Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

So I'll go, I'll go
I will go, go, go
So I'll go, I'll go
I will go, go, go

Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier
Even though I might not like this
I think that you'll be happier, I want you to be happier
Then only for a minute (only for a minute)
I want to change my mind
'Cause this just don't feel right to me
I want to raise your spirits
I want to see you smile but
Know that means I'll have to leave
Lately, I've been, I've been thinking
I want you to be happier, I want you to be happier

So I'll go, I'll go
I will go, go, go

It was silent for the entirety of five seconds, nobody in the crowd cheered, for a moment the place was lifeless. "Finn." It roared back to life, the ground seemed to shake in cheers and even Finn looked surprised. His eyes scanned the crowd for the boy the song went to, but nobody was there, only strange faces raving about how real the song was. Little known to them, it was the realest song Finn could sing. Ayla slapped on his back and grinned while Finn simply quirked his lips a tiny bit, the same routine.

The rest of the concert was gone, it all seemed to be consumed in a flash of a camera, they same kinda flash that made Finn's eyes blur around the edges.

Finn did want Jack to be happier, it was what he poured into that song, but apart of him hoped that maybe...maybe Jack would realize that Finn wasn't all that bad and they'd be together again, they'd be silly and funny and they'd be what Finn wanted as a boy. But... Jack wasn't a kid anymore and neither was Finn, they couldn't keep chasing after this life and Finn thinks that they both know that.

His grip on his guitar loosened briefly once he disappeared behind the backstage curtains. The sudden stampede of flashing instantaneously stopping like a flip of a switch was causing a migraine.

If anybody were to ask, he'd say hes okay, but deep down he knew he was pretty far from okay.