Chapter 3

Kaitlin

I wake up this morning and look at the time. It's already 11:30, which is weird because I'm still in Montreal time and I don't sleep in that much. I guess I need the sleep.

I get up and put my slippers on. I put my hair in a bun, a messy bun and make my way to the kitchen.

"She's alive!" Elie says giving me a pat on the back. A corner smile appears on my face.

"Do you want anything for breakfast?" Will asks showing me a place to sit down. There was an isle in the kitchen and we all sat there. Nash wasn't there though.

"I'll just have some cereals." I say in a quiet voice. I take a bowl and pour fruit loops and milk. I slowly eat my breakfast, and then I put it in the dishwasher.

I walk back upstairs, and walk into my room. I turn on the TV that is against the opposite wall of my bed, and insert Friends TV show, season 1, disc 1. It's my favourite.

3 days have gone by, and I haven't gotten out of bed. Except for food, or taking a shower or going to the bathroom.

Nash and I haven't really talked. He showed me one of his friends. I think his name was Cameron. But I didn't pay much attention. I've been in a really dark place and not having my friends has been really hard.

Nash POV

It's been 3 days since Kaitlin and I had an actual conversation. She has been watching Friends. Not that I have a problem with that, but I think she should be doing something fun.

I knock on her door and slowly walk in. She is sitting in her bed watching TV. I can see she has tears under her eyes. I take the remote and sit next to her. She doesn't even bother looking at me.

"Why are you crying?" I speak and shut the TV. She looks down at her lap, then at me.

"I miss my mom, and Rachel and Ross broke up." She says pointing at the TV.

I get closer to her and pull her in for a hug. She puts her head in my shoulder and I lay my head on hers. I start brushing her hair slowly, thinking of what I should say.

"I don't know how hard it is for you. I can't imagine what you're going through. But what I do know is that, I'm here for you. No matter what time it is, I'll always be there for you." I pause for a moment.

"Your mom was a great person, every time she would fly here, I would have so much fun with her. She was an amazing person, and I'm glad I've had the time to get to know her. And sometimes you should just look at the happy moments you have had together. Even if you can't see her, she is still with you, in your heart."

She looks at me. Our eyes lock together. I want to kiss her so badly, but I won't. A smile appears on her face. She leans i. As if she was going to kiss me. She does. On the cheek.

"Thank you." She pulls me back in for another hug.

"So, I was thinking we could do something today." She looks at me and stands up.

"Okay! What do you want to do?" She says. I can see she has more energy then 3 days ago.

"Do you want to go eat something in town. You should get to know the place." I think it would be fun, plus I'm starving.

"Okay! Look, I really like your company, but you need to get out." She says pushing me towards the door. "I

need to get changed" she laughs.

I walk out of her room and walk to my room.