Chapter 21- every kiss mean something

Kaitlin's POV

The day at the beach past very quickly. For once I didn't get a sunburn. Nash and I didn't talk that much. We made a couple of eye contacts, but didn't really talk that much.

I stepped out of the car and took out the keys to the house. I unlocked the door and walked in with Hayes behind me. I dropped my bag on the couch in the living room and went to the kitchen. Hayes was reading a note.

"Mom wants us to come to this thing tonight for her job and we have to get dressed. You can bring Lucas with you if you want and she bought us things to wear that our in our rooms" he sighed.

I nodded and told Will and Nash. I grabbed the phone and dialled Lucas' cell phone number. After 3 rings he picked up.

(K: kaitlin and L: Lucas)

L: hello?
K: hey babe! What are you doing tonight?
L: Uh..

He didn't answer. I heard him whisper something to someone else but couldn't figure out what he said exactly.

K: Lucas?
L: yeah, I, um, why?
K: there's this thing I have to go to with my family and we have to dress up and I was wondering if you would like to join.
L: oh yeah, um, I'm sorry but I have a lot of things to take care of at this moment but have fun.

And with that he hung up. Well that was weird. I put the phone back in its place and went to my room. On the bed was a beautiful dress. (You can decide how it looks). I held it in my hands and just admired it. It was a black high low hem dress. I went to the bathroom and locked both doors and took a shower. After a long day at the beach, it felt amazing. I put a towel around my waist and opened Nash's door. He was only in his boxers and I have to say it didn't bother me.

He looked at me and smirked. "Like what you see" I realized I was starring so stopped right away. "Totally" i answered.

"Do you know at what time we're leaving?"

"Yep" he answered popping the p.

"Can you tell me?" I asked gesturing with my hands to continue.

"It depends. What can you do for me?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"I'm covered with only a towel. I think that's enough"

"Fine. She's coming in an hour and a half."

I thanked him and was going to walk to my room, but Nash stopped me.

"Is Lucas coming?"

"Um, no" i said looked down.

"I'm sorry. So I was thinking that since you're not going with anybody and I'm not going with anybody, maybe we could go together" i thought about it.

"Sure, pick me up at 5" I winked. And with that I walked back to my room.

I blow dried my hair. I then straightened them and applied little make up. I then put on my dress. It fit perfectly. I decided on wearing my black heels. I know I'm tall but I wasn't going to be the highest person ever.

There was 5 minutes left so I brushed my teeth and walked down stairs. Nash was at the bottom of the stairs waiting for me. When he turned around and saw me, his lips slowly parted. He didn't say anything and it worried me.

"Is it that bad?" I asked worried.

"NO! No, it's- wow, I mean, you look beautiful" he finally said. I blushed at his comment.

"Thank you" i looked down.He put his hand in mine and kissed it. He walked me to the door. Will and Hayes were waiting with Elizabeth.

"Took you long enough" Hayes laughed. I laughed as well.

"Stop Hayes. It's hard to pull off a dress like that and look stunning" Elizabeth said walking out the door.

"Don't worry. You always look stunning" I blushed once again at Nash's comment. We got into the car and drove off.

We finally arrived at this beautiful place. It had a fountain at the entrance and beautiful white doors. Nash opened the door for me and we walked in.

"So why are we here?" Will asked Eli.

"It's for my job. Now I want you guys to be on your best behaviour. You can dance or whatever but no vine or whatever." She said in a strict tone.

I looked at Nash and Hayes because I knew she was talking about them with the vine part.

Nash and I walked to the bar and took ourselves drinks. Don't worry, there weren't any alcohol.

Some lady walked to us and shook our hands.

"Hello, nice to meet you" i said.

"Nice to meet you too. You must be Kaitlin" she said showing a smile. I nodded.

"Elizabeth has talked a lot about you."

"I hope it's nothing bad" i let out a small laugh.

"Oh no! She said you were very brave and kind. She said that you had a very generous heart and a contagious smile." I couldn't help but smile.

"I couldn't disagree" Nash said pecking my cheek. I looked at him in the eyes and my smile grew wider.

"Ah, young love" the woman spoke. I looked at her.

"No, we aren't together" i laughed.

"You aren't?" She exclaimed. "I would've sworn you were."

"Really?" I asked. Nash let go of me and walked away to hug someone but I didn't pay much attention.

"Of course. I mean the way he looks at you with love and softness, and how you smile when you look at him. He holds you like he never wants to let you go and when he kisses you, I can tell it means a lot to you." She said. I thought about it.

"I don't, it doesn't mean anything to me those kisses"

"Every kiss means something" she said "it was nice meeting you Kaitlin. Don't let your pass, keep you from moving on and loving someone" and with that she left me standing alone. Thinking.

~~~~~~

Hey guys! Tell me what you think! Will be posting in the next 24 hour!

It would mean a lot if you vited and if you followed me on Twitter, Instagram...

Twitter: CatherineHoule0

Ask.fm: catherinehoule0

Instagram: cathhoule0

Catherine✌️ xx