Chapter Three: Withstand

AUTHOR'S POV   

The brightness of the sun rays awakens Laurent. Larry always falls asleep and wakes up on his loves chest...but during the night he unknowingly broke away though it isn't a bad thing by far. In the wash of the new light Larry's face takes on the appearance of an old photograph...one of nostalgia and beauty. Laurent looks on as the sun brings his skin into focus...not yet animated with the warmth of who he is for he is still in the land of dreams. There's no better thing to do but to bring his body so close that their hearts synchronize...only he doesn't want to awaken him so he continues resting his head on his pillow as he studies that face but is ultimately unable to resist touching it. The life they share is what he's dreamed of since falling head over heels in love with him. Larry is amazing, their kids are amazing, so life is amazing. He then hears the voice of their youngest baby over the monitor so he turns his head in that direction and listens to it. The sound of Ayden's sweet baby gibberish prompts a soft laugh from Laurent then he flips the covers off to get up and head for the nursery. The quietness of the home means the girls are still asleep but will more than likely be up shortly. He walks inside and to his surprise Ayden isn't on his feet and holding onto the crib rail as he bounces with joy but those beautiful baby sounds are still rising from the crib. Laurent tip toes over and when he looks down Ayden instantly looks up at him then flashes a smile with those tiny teeth while waving his arms and kicking his legs at the sight of his papa. Laurent smiles and picks him up then gives him a good morning kiss on his cheek before taking him over to the changing table for a fresh diaper. They spend a few precious moments together once Ayden is back in his arms then a mischievous idea comes to him so he heads back to the bedroom. Thankfully Larry is still asleep, otherwise it would've derailed his sneaky plan. Once he's standing next to the bed he carefully places Ayden down facing Larry then makes the few steps over the bathroom to wash his hands but keeps his focus on the bed to see his plan go into action. At first, Ayden just looks down at Larry but ultimately leans forward and takes his tiny hand and places it on his face. He gives him a few light baby smacks as he coos prompting Larry to wake up. Right before his eyes he sees his baby boy smiling as a drip of drool falls and in a groggy but sweet baby voice, "heeyyy. You woke me up". Ayden just smiles and cackles as he grabs Larry's nose then gives him a few more baby smacks to the face. Larry chuckles as he playfully says, "your papa put you up to this". Ayden's happy movement stops as he looks down at him. His mouth is still open so in true baby fashion he drops it to Larry's cheek to give him a baby kiss that makes Larry giggle as it's also ticklish. Ayden then raises himself back up to look at Larry who smiles as he greets, "good morning my sweet son". They enjoy some father-son bonding time that Laurent quietly observes with heart eyes then he finishes freshening up and walks back over to the bed. Larry sees him coming and they connect...  

Larry: *smile* "Good morning baby". 

Laurent: *smile* "Good morning".  

Larry: "I take it the girls are still asleep". 

Laurent: "Yeah but they should be up soon". 

Laurent climbs back in bed and as they play with their happy baby boy an idea comes to him that would be perfect for the visibly beautiful weather outside but also a great top off to Emma's birthday weekend...

Laurent: "Bebe I was thinking we can take the kids to the park later. We can pack a picnic basket with their favorite sandwiches and fruit for them to eat after they play". 

Larry: *smile* "That's a great idea baby. They love the park". 

Laurent: *smile* "Oki. Then that's what we will do".