Chapter Five: Restraint

AUTHOR'S POV   

Laurent has been still at Kaylee's bedroom window for moments looking into the dark night in complete disbelief at the issue with Erin. It went from inappropriate flirtation to Laurent going to the dean about it only in a matter of days. Now it's possibly a situation where he has to be on guard at all times as he's unsure how far she could go. Most importantly, he has his family to protect. He turns his head back to look at Kaylee who's sleeping peacefully, and as he looks at her, Emma and Ayden also come to mind. They are the innocent ones and he internally prays that they're the least affected by whatever comes of this. All three of them are he and Larry's world and they just want them safe. Always. He turns back around to look out the window again before realizing that although he didn't want to tell Larry about the odd moments that happened today it's best to alert him as to not take any chances. He wants his love to be aware as well. He begins walking towards the door but glances at her again on the way to make sure he hasn't awakened her then heads for the bedroom certain that his love is still awake. Ahead of him he can see that the light is off in the room but he does see the reflection of the TV and when he goes inside Larry is comfortable under the duvet with his lustrous fro pressed into his pillow. Larry looks at him and winks prompting a somewhat shy of a smile from Laurent. He goes into the bathroom to take a quick shower and after finishing up his bedtime routine he climbs in bed to join his love...only Larry gets a strong sense that something is up so he looks over at him. He can only see his profile...but even in that Laurent seems heavily worried. He extends his arm to take a gentle hold of Laurent's hand who immediately brings that hand to his mouth to place a soft kiss on it. Now it seems that worried look has magnified so Larry is really concerned and he's about to ask Laurent what's on his mind when Laurent speaks up first...

Laurent: "Bebe, do you mind turning the TV off"?

Larry: "Sure baby". 

Larry takes his free hand to reach for the remote then gives his love his full attention. Laurent doesn't say anything right away and the strong silence makes Larry a little unsettled but patiently waits for him to speak. He sees Laurent take a breath in and silently blow it out which seems to make it at least a little easier to tell him...

Laurent: "I think I know who called earlier and didn't say anything". 

*brief pause*

Larry: "Your student". 

Laurent: "I'm not sure but I think so. When I was leaving my office today I got the feeling that I was being watched. If this happened before I went to the dean then I wouldn't think anything for that but these things happened after. That's why I think it's her". 

Larry: "You should get a restraining order against her baby". 

Laurent: "The dean told her that she has to stay away from me but getting a restraining order is a good idea too. It will make sure she doesn't come near me so I'll do that". 

Larry: *nods* "Oki". *deep sigh* "It shouldn't take all of this. She should just go on with her life and leave you alone". 

Laurent: "I agree bebe". *pause* "I could be wrong. Maybe it wasn't her and she's taking what the dean told her seriously but I also don't want to take any chances. It's my job to protect this family and I'm telling you because I want you to be careful when you're going to work or if you're out somewhere". 

Larry: "I understand baby and I will. We will protect each other but most of all we will protect the babies".

Laurent: "Always", he whispers.