Chapter Six: Split Second

A/N: This will be a tough chapter my loves so please brace yourselves.  

AUTHOR'S POV 

~two weeks later~  

The Bourgeois family have been in great spirits lately. Now that Laurent has filed the restraining order against Erin and doesn't have to see her on campus his eyes don't reflect the same angst. It's more of a glow. Larry has noticed such glow and he loves it. Plans for the weekend with their babies are made days in advance and when Friday's have hit time seems to slow down when they're working because of the excitement they feel ready to take the girls where ever they have requested to go. Ayden always has a great time joining in on the fun but it's mainly because of seeing his big sisters always cheerful and laughing. Since Emma asked Laurent if they would take them back to the ice skating rink again they made it a point to go a few days later and now that another weekend has come the first part of their Saturday was spent having an even better time there. That made the third time they've taken the girls ice skating and in that short time the girls have already improved so much on the ice. They've gone from holding both hands of their papa to only needing to hold one and their speed has picked up too which also means that their loving papas are also getting better. Laurent has come along way from the time he brought Larry to the rink for date night and fell flat on the ice. He's gliding across gracefully and Kaylee looks up at him with that adorable smile to tell him he's doing a great job. He smiles and tells her the same. It's safe to say that this is the entire family's favorite activity so Larry and Laurent plan on making it their go-to family outing at least a couple of times a month. Now it's a beautiful Sunday evening and they've just finished having dinner. Ayden is on the floor as happy as ever with his sisters who are sweetly playing with him. They pick up his toys and hold them in from him and every time he reaches for one Larry and Laurent get a nice chuckle at it. This day has been spent inside because Laurent is under the weather. He wore a coat and gloves at the skating rink but still managed to catch a cold. He's spent a lot of time with his family but he did take an afternoon nap as rests helps in healing from sickness and his love has helped by giving him medicine along with plenty of fluids. Laurent really doesn't want to miss work the next day so between the fluids, medicine and rest he's hoping that he feels well enough to go. Another thing that's common for Sunday nights before bedtime is to watch a family movie of the girls choosing that they all enjoy. Afterwards, it's bath time then bedtime stories but instead of reading to the girls separately they gather on the sofa and while Larry reads in his soft voice those little eyes eventually begin to flutter and they fall asleep snuggled next to each of them. Larry closes the book then they both look down at their sleeping beauties before standing up to pick them up and carry them to their beds. They both are in such a deep sleep because of the busy activity of the entire weekend and after goodnight kisses they are left to their sweet dreams. They stop by Ayden's room together to make sure he's still sleeping peacefully then make the walk to their bedroom. A hot shower is just what Laurent needs as it should also help him to sleep better but Larry suggests that they take a hot bath instead because he wants to take care of Laurent in every way. He put several drops of their favorite body wash in the water to make it a bubble bath as those would make the bath even more soothing and he makes sure he's sitting behind Laurent. With a loofah in his hands he dunks it into the water then raises it to allow the water to drip onto Laurent's back which instantly relaxes him and once his back is completely wet Larry takes it up a notch by rubbing his hands all over then ending at his shoulders to give him a soothing massage which prompts a moan to escape Laurent's lips. Larry also takes his thumb and pointer finger to grip the back of Laurent's neck to stretch the muscles...

Laurent: "Mmm bebe. You love me so much". 

Larry: "You already know", he whispers. 

Larry then uses his thumbs to make a trail of light presses on the outside of Laurent's spine and when he arrives at the small of Laurent's back those thumbs go into a deeper massage causing Laurent to shiver at the sensation. Larry chuckles at such a reaction then begins placing light kisses on his loves back which causes him to shiver again. Larry then picks up the loofah and applies a generous amount of body wash on it to begin a back scrub. He also loops his arm around to scrub his chest, abs and even reaches his thighs. His thighs puts his hand very close to Laurent's manhood so with playful words...