CHAPTER 3

Luke. Why everywhere I go, he is there? I glare at him. He looks at me with no emotion showing on his face. "Do you two know each other?" Calum asks. I get up. "I'm leaving," I say walking away.

I opened the doors and walked out of the cafeteria quickly knowing that Calum might follow. I walked into the bathroom and locked myself in a stall. I sat and waited for the bell to ring but I got bored. I walked around in the bathroom when someone opened the door and walked in. A girl walked in and looked at me curiously.

"Hi, I'm Sam. You must be the new student from America?" she asks smiling. "Yeah. I'm Hope," I say smiling. "You seem really cool. Maybe we can hangout sometime?" she asks shyly. "Yeah, that would be great," I say. We exchanged numbers and walked out of the bathroom.

"You should meet my friends," she says turning to me. "When?" I ask. "Now," she says dragging me back inside the cafeteria. I passed Calum's table and watched him and his friends stare at me. She sat me down in front of a group of girls. "Hey, I want you all to meet the new student, Hope," Sam says. "Hi," they all say in unison.

"This is Elizabeth. She is gifted with art but is massively shy," Sam says pointing to a blonde girl with bright green eyes. "Hi," Elizabeth says shyly. "Hi," I say back. "This is Catherine, the gossip girl," Sam says pointing to a brunette with hazel eyes. "That's me. I can tell you everything except for anything other than gossip," she says smiling. "Nice to meet you Catherine," I say smiling.

"Okay, I just want to ask something. Why were you sitting with Calum and his friends?" Catherine asks. "Calum is actually the first friend I made here," I say. She squeals. "Well, anyways this is Sarah, the photographer and nerd," Sam says pointing to the blonde with brown eyes who was holding a camera. "I am not a nerd," Sarah says pouting. "Nice to meet you, Sarah," I say.

"Last and not least is Emily, the prep," Sam says pointing to the brunette trying to decide on a nail polish for her nails. She looks up at me and smiles. "Hey," I say. "Hey, do you think I should paint my nails turquoise or pink?" she asks. "Turquoise," I say smiling. "Yeah, you are officially one of my best friends," she squeals. I laugh. "Okay, it would be a honor to be your best friend," I say bowing.

"Thank you for accepting the invitation of being the best friend of me, Queen Emily the first," she says in a horrible voice. I laugh. "Anything for my lady," I say. We laugh. Then the bell rang. "Bye, I guess I'll see you in some of my classes," I say as we walk separate ways.

"Wait," I hear behind me. I see Elizabeth looking at me shyly. "I have this period with you," she says smiling. "Come on. Let's go," I say as we walk into English.

After a long first day, the final bell finally rang. I saw my new friends chatting about something that may be gossip. "Hey, can I take a picture with you all so I can send it to my twin sister?" I ask. "You have a twin?" they all say in unison. "Yeah, she lives in the States," I say. They huddle behind me and I take a quick group picture. "Thanks," I say. "Send it to all of us," Sam says playing with a piece of her pink highlights she has in her blonde hair.

"Okay, bye," I say waving as I walk towards the bus. "Bye!" they yell. I laugh and get on the bus. I sit in the seat I sat in this morning and pulled out my phone. I sent the picture to my sister and my new friends. I then felt someone sit beside me. I look next to me and see Calum.

"Hey," he says. "Hey," I say. "Look, Luke told me what happened between you two," he says. "Yeah," I say playing with a piece of my blonde hair. "Well, I'm just wondering why you don't like him?" he asks. "He reminds me of someone I used to know," I say feeling my eyes get glossy. "Who?" he asks. I stayed quiet. "Who?" he repeated a little louder.

"MY FREAKING DAD ALRIGHT!" I yell loudly causing me to get some unwanted attention. I was beyond pissed and upset. I then saw the bus stopped at my house. I got up and walked down the aisle. I felt someone clasp my wrist. "I'm sorry. I didn't know," Calum says. "Save it," I say gritting through my teeth.

I pulled my hand away and walked off the bus. I ran inside my house and saw it was empty. I picked up a note off the counter.

Hey Hope, I'm working a late shift at the hospital. I'll be back at 1:00. You can order pizza for dinner. I left some money on the counter.

~ Mom

I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. I felt the tears rush down my face. I looked at myself in the mirror. "You're ugly, worthless, and everybody hates you," I murmur. I pulled out a blade. Hello old friend.