CHAPTER 12

"What?" I say running my hands through my hair. "Why didn't you tell me where you went?" she asks. "You barely listen or even talk to me anymore. I'm glad you're happy and all but still," I say. "Look, I'm just trying to move on in life," she says rubbing my back.

"That doesn't mean you shouldn't even try to communicate with me," I say suddenly angry. "I just want to forget about the past and meet new people like John," she says. "The past? Yeah like my siblings and dad. How could you want to forget about them?" I ask her angrily.

"I just want to. Your father is a disgusting pig of a man that I will never forgive for what he did to me," she says. "Never forgive? I already learned to forgive him for what he did. Why can't you?" I ask her furiously. "How could you forgive him? He hurt me," she says gritting her teeth.

"He didn't hurt me so I can't just be mad at him," I say clenching my fists. "I thought you would never forgive him. That's why I chose you over them," she says harshly. I shake furiously. "You know what! Just shut the fuck up and listen!" I yell at her. She looks at me coldly. "Dad made a mistake and so what. Just because you hate him doesn't mean I do too," I say harshly.

"I'm leaving with John. I'll be back in a week when you learn that I'm right, Hope. I always am," she says coldly before she leaves. She slams the door and I hear her heel click as she walks down the stairs. I listen to the front door opening and shutting. The sound of a car backing up made me realize that she really left me. For a week.

I curl into a little ball and cry. The salty tears come crashing down my face in huge droplets. I hear a slight knock on the door. I wipe my tears and wash my face with water. I go down the stairs quietly. I open the door and see Calum leaning against the doorway.

"Hey," I say quietly. "Did I come at a bad time?" he asks looking worried. "No, no it's fine," I say. "Can I come in?" he asks. "Sure," I say moving out of the way. He walks in and sits on the couch in the living room. "What's wrong?" he asks suddenly.

I then explain my mom and dad situation to him. "That's awful," he says. I nod my head slowly. We stay quiet while I play with my hair. I look over at Calum and see him staring at me. "Why are you staring at me?" I ask. He blushes from embarrassment.

"Sorry, I just blank out sometimes," he says nervously. "It's fine," I say chuckling. The rest of the day we watched movies and ate pizza. "I'm going to explode like a grenade," I say patting my belly. "Me too," he says.

"What do you want to do?" I ask. "Truth or dare," he says. "Sure," I say. "Truth or dare?" he asks me raising an eyebrow. "Dare," I say rolling of the couch. "I dare you to...eat my burrito," he says pointing to the nasty burrito he made earlier.

I wrinkle my nose. "Fine," I say grabbing the burrito. I take a bite and swallow. "Oh my goodness this is heaven," I say taking another bite. "What?" he says frowning. He takes the burrito and takes a huge bite.

You know how I said its good. I lied. He throws up in a trash can and looks disgusted. "That is disgusting," he says. I laugh at him. He frowns and sits back on the couch. "Truth or Dare?" I ask him as I roll on the floor.

"Truth?" he says unsure. "You're no fun. Um...do you like someone?" I ask. "Yes," he says. "Who?" I ask anxiously. "Let's just move on," he says. After a while, I became more and more curious of who this mystery girl is. "Hey, can I ask you something?" he asks. "You just did," I say chuckling. "Can I?" he asks chuckling.

"Sure," I say. "I want to ask someone out but I don't know how," he says uneasily. "Oh, well just do something romantic but make it something she will never forget," I say. "Okay, I'm going to go home now," he says quickly. "Okay," I say. He quickly gets up and leaves. I look at the door. Why is he being so weird after talking about who he likes? I shake off the thought and hear my phone ring.

"Hello," I say. "Hope?" he says. I felt my heart drop. My hands shook violently. I almost dropped the phone from the shock. "Hope?" he repeats. I sat down still shaking. "Hello David," I say shakily. David. My nightmare. My torturer. My hell on earth. My ex-boyfriend.

Calum's POV

I walked down the street nervously away from her house. I walked in my house and saw my sister, Mali, asleep. I smiled at her to see her looking so peaceful. I walked up the stairs and ran into my room. I locked the door and ran my hands through my messy dark hair.

How am I going to ask her out? I smiled at the thought her. Her long hair that lay perfectly on her shoulders. Her bright blue eyes that say a thousand words. Her smile is brighter than the sun itself. Her soft voice makes my heart skip a beat when she speaks.

I snap out of my thoughts and come up with an idea. I could sing her a song. I sometimes stop to wonder how she feels about me. I sit there and think. Does she feel the same way? I hope so.

I then feel lyrics rush through my mind. I pull out paper and a pen and write. It's pretty blind of her that she doesn't even know it's her. The first day I saw her, I knew I felt something for her. She is so curious of the world around her and her humor make her amazing.

I look at a my phone and look at the picture I have of her and I on my lock screen. Our names engraved into the picture in a fancy cursive writing. Calum & Hope.