CHAPTER 20

Luke leaned closer to me and kissed me passionately. I grasped some of his hair and he moaned. I then heard a loud gasp. My head jerked to the left and I saw Calum with his jaw hanging open. "I can't believe you, Hope! I tell you I love you and you chose him!" he screams at me.

I cowered in fear. This isn't Calum. He huffed and stomped out slamming the door shut. I then began to cry. Luke held me close against his chest and I inhaled his cologne. "He is going to be alright. I know Calum. He will forgive you," Luke says trying to soothe me.

"No, he won't. I hate myself! I'm always ruining and hurting people. I should've died!" I scream. Luke holds me close against his chest. "He hates me now! I'm a horrible person!" I scream. "Stop!" Luke yells making me flinch.

"You are not a horrible person! You are beautiful, smart, talented, and innocent! You are human. We make mistakes but they can be fixed. Don't say bad things about yourself that you know are not true. You know that. I definitely know that because I love you," he says. I look into his blue eyes. "I shouldn't have said that it slipped," he murmurs getting off the bed.

"No," I say. He turns to look at me. "I love you, too," I say. "Hope," he says softly. I throw myself at him and he catches me. I clutch onto him and he holds me close and kisses my forehead.

"I love you Lucas Robert Hemmings even if we had just met a few days ago," I say. His eyes soften. "I love you Hope Michelle Lancaster ever since I laid eyes on you," he says leaning in to kiss me. I kiss back. I bite his lip and he groans. I pull away before we could go further. "I really should go apologize to Calum," I say. "Okay, I know how much you two value your friendship," he says. I get up and I leave the room. I walk down the stairs nervously. When I made it to the bottom step, I heard Calum crying.

I run into the living room and see him sitting on the sofa crying. "Calum," I say. He looks up broken and hurt. He really does like me. A lot. "Get away from me, Hope," he says coldly. "Calum, please let me talk," I say. "5 minutes," he says in harsh way. The real Calum was never like this.

"Calum, I'm sorry, okay. I can't help who I like and how my heart works," I say as tears brim my eyes. "4 minutes," he says. I stare at him in disbelief. "What has happened to the Calum I met. The one who became my first friend in Australia. The one who made me laugh and feel better when I was down. I miss him. I hate this Calum. He is harsh and cold. He became who he really isn't," I say sobbing.

I curl in a ball and cry. I'm sure my face is swollen from all this crying. I look up at him and see his eyes have soften and he looks upset. "Hope, I'm sorry," he says. "No, I'm sorry. I crushed your heart," I say sobbing. He hugs me and I cuddle into his chest. "Hope look up at me," he says.

I do and he runs his hands through my ruffled hair. "I'm the one who is sorry for not understanding your decision," he says. "I forgive you," he says. "I forgive you too," I say. "Before I let you go, there is one last thing I need to do," he says.

"What?" I ask. "This," he says kissing me. It didn't feel the way it felt with Luke. He pulls away and he gives me a sad smile. "Didn't feel anything?" he asks. I nod and sigh. "I'm sorry," I say. "Don't worry, I'm sure I'll find someone," he says sighing.

"I know you will. You are Calum Hood," I say chuckling. "I am, aren't I?" he asks chuckling. "Are we still friends?" I ask getting up. "Yes, I don't want you out of my life," he says. "Okay," I say. "Okay," he says. I wave goodbye and I leave him alone. I run up the steps and back into the room. I see Luke sitting there. Waiting for me.

I sit down next to him. "Remember a few weeks ago, I hated you?" I ask. "Yeah," he chuckles. "Who knew we would end up together?" I say. "I was actually wishing that," he says chuckling. "I have one thing that I want to ask you," he says sheepishly.

"What?" I ask for the millionth time today. "Hope, would you like to be my girlfriend?" he asks.

~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~

"Yes," I say giving him a kiss. Everything was perfect.