CHAPTER 16

Luke's POV

"We need to leave now," Calum says. Around his neck you could see red marks. I picked Hope up and ran alongside Calum. We kept running until we were outside in the warm September weather. I placed her in Calum's car and could see fear in her eyes.

I brushed a piece of her hair. "Don't worry. We are here for you," I whisper into her ear.

Hope's POV

Luke and Calum looked worried as Luke drove his car fast down the road. "What is going on?" I ask. "Hope, your mom-" "My mom," I say. She must be worried sick or the opposite since she left me for...damn what's his name. "Hope, she is looking for you," Calum says looking stressed and worried.

"Take me to her," I say. "Hope, you don't understand," Calum says. "Please, take me," I plead. "Hope, she has the insane," Calum yells. "What?!" I yell confused. "She was looking for you and she attacked me...well, she choked me and almost killed me," he says.

My mom wouldn't do that. Would she? "Why?" I ask. "I don't know," Calum says sighing. "I think the stress overcame her," I say nervously. "Why do you sound nervous?" Luke asks finally speaking up.

"When I was younger, my mom was stressed with her job and bills. She would come home and lock herself in the bathroom and come out with cuts on her wrists. One day, I was at home when she pulled out a knife and began to cut herself and whispered 'I can't do it'. I told her to stop and she looked at me and smiled creepily. She chased me, trying to cut me but I ran into the neighbors house and they called the police. She was put in a mental hospital for a whole year and she came back normal and...better until now," I say.

"Stress makes her go crazy?" Luke asks raising an eyebrow. "Yes, and if she gets to me...she may...umm...murder me," I say. "What?!" they yell. "She has tried many times including with my sister and brother, Matt," I say. "She is insane!" Calum yells. "I'm afraid she may get to me," I say. "We are going to take you home and you are going to take all of your stuff really fast and go to someone's house," Luke says calmly.

"Okay," I whisper. We drive to my house and he parks. Thankfully, my mom's car was not there. Calum and I ran in and packed everything into a suitcase. I grabbed my phone and slipped it in my pocket.

We took everything that I owned and stuffed it into Calum's car. We got in and drove off. "Where are we going?" I ask. "You'll see," Calum says quietly.

We pulled up to a large house and we got out taking all of my belongings. We knocked on the door and I saw him. His messy hair sticking everywhere. "What are you doing here at 4 in the morning?" he asks yawning. "Ashton, we need your help," Calum says.

"What?" he asks letting us in. "Hope's mom is psychotic and is after her," Calum blurts out. "What?" Ashton says wide eyed. As Calum goes into full detail, I sink into his soft couch. I then felt someone sit next to me. Luke. He stared off into space, his eyes not showing any emotion. He looks at me and sighs as he runs his hand through his hair.

I then see Ashton turn to me. "You can stay here for tonight or for however long you want," he says yawning. He turns to the boys. "You too," he says lazily. He motions his hand to follow. We follow him up the stairs. "Wow," I say in awe. "His parents are loaded but were strict so he moves out and they let him use this house for his own purposes," Luke whispers in my ear. It tickled my skin.

He opens a door and motions to me to go in. I drop my stuff in the corner and yawn. They walk away and I quickly crawl into the soft bed and fall into a deep sleep aware of my mom and her stress caused insanity.