Chapter 10

Dipper and Bill were quiet as they sat in the kitchen. Dipper was mad at Bill. He had been acting jealous all day and was blaming Dipper. The teen didn't mind that he was jealous, he just hated how unfair Bill was being about the whole thing. Not even listening to what the teen had to say.

Though he had tried to explain to Bill why he liked their new teacher, in a friendly way, Bill wouldn't have it. It was frustrating for Dipper. Even more when Bill wouldn't listen when Dipper started to explain that there was no reason for the demon to be jealous.

They were still quiet when the timer went off for dinner. Bill got up to tend to dinner just as Pacifica entered. "The room is amazing. Thanks again for letting me stay." She said as she sat down next to Dipper. "It's no problem." He sounded disjected, something the blonde noticed right away.

Sitting down, she looked between the two males before ending on Dipper. "What's going on? Did something happen?" Dipper glanced up at Bill, who kept his back to the teen. Figuring it couldn't hurt, Dipper said what he believed to be true. "Bill's being a jealous asshole."

Bill spun around at the comment. "I am not." Dipper glared at him. "Yes, you are! And you're getting mad at me because of it." Dipper turned away, crossing his arms. Pacifica looked between the two before turning to Bill. "And what is this over?" Bill mumbled something, turning away to grab the plates.

Pacifica sighed, looking to her friend. "Dipper..." He sighed, looking to her. "We got a sub in today since our teacher is on leave for the rest of the year. I was just being friendly with him..." Bill sat down on Dipper's other side. "You weren't just being friendly, Dipper. You were gushing over him." He snapped, causing Dipper to look away again.

Sighed, Pacifica shook her head. "I think there's been a misunderstanding between you two. Dipper, is it possible that you may have spoken about this new teacher is a way that was overly positive?" Dipper looked between the two blonds before nodding. "I... I guess so..."

She turned to Bill. "And, is it quite possible that you may be jealous after all, and are angry that you're feeling jealous." Bill was quieter longer than Dipper had been, and Dipper knew Bill was actually trying to sort out his feelings this time. "I could be..." He finally muttered.

She gave them both a smile. "Then, I think the best course of action from here is for you two to admit your wrongdoings and makeup." The two males looked at each other. Dipper knew that he was in the wrong just as much as Bill, and the look on Bill's face told the brunet he was thinking along the same lines.

Surprisingly, Bill was the first to speak up. "I'm sorry, Pine tree... I should've asked instead of accuse." He spoke softly. "I'm sorry too, Bill..." Dipper said, looking down. He was feeling guilty now. He was startled when Bill grabbed him, pulling the brunet on to his lap. The demon kissed the teen's head, smiling at him.

The three ate dinner in a comfortable silence. Bill had kept Dipper on his lap for a while but finally gave in when the teen promised they could cuddle more on the couch. The brunet wouldn't say it but he was a little embarrassed about how cuddly Bill was being in front of Pacifica. Sure, he had held his hands, but that was when he thought they were alone.

Pacifica left once they were done in the kitchen, letting the two boys have some alone time. They were thankful for this, as the argument, though short, had been hard for them. Dipper had decided to help Bill with the cleaning up, since it would give them some time to speak.

"Bill... I really am sorry... I honestly didn't know I was hurting you so much..." Dipper said, keeping his head down. Bill looked at the teen sadly, leaning over to kiss the teen's cheek. "It's alright, Sapling. I know you were just glad to get some attention for someone else." He said, holding the teen from behind.