Chapter 22

Dipper had never been so full. Or, if he had, he couldn't remember it. He had no words to express how happy Bill had made him with this little surprise. Even if it was just a breakfast picnic. It gave them an excuse to be alone together, something the teen always enjoyed.

     Bill was glad that Dipper enjoyed the surprise as much as he had. He knew that Dipper needed to get away and just relax, and Bill was more than willing to offer it to the brunet.

     Once the teen had decided he was officially done, he placed his stuff down before moving closer to the demon, resting against him. Bill smiled down at the teen, lightly running his fingers through the brunet curls. Though neither said anything, both knew that the other was in complete bliss. Even Dipper was beginning to believe that things were starting to get better.

     The two rested there for as long as they dared to, knowing that they still needed to get the ingredients for Ford. Dipper was the first to get up, though he looked as though he wanted to stay.

     "We should get going, Bill. I don't want to deal with my parents today. Not after how nice this was."

     Bill held up a hand, not needed to hear any more. He got up, snapping his fingers to clean up their mess. Dipper smiled at his demon, taking his hand before being led away.

     Bill knew the fastest ways to get what it was they needed. Dipper was glad about this, as he really did just want to get back to the shack and rest up. He wasn't used to being this active so early in the morning. Not missing a beat, Bill saw Dipper yawning, giving the teen a soft kiss on the temple.

     "Do you want to head back, Sapling? I can easily get everything Sixer needs and be back before anyone even notices I'm gone."

     Dipper thought about it before shaking his head.

     "I'll be fine. It shouldn't take us too long anyway."

     Bill allowed it, though knew that he could probably send the teen back if he looked ready to pass out. Instead, the demon let go of the teen's hand, only so that he could wrap his arm around his waist.

     Dipper stayed close to the demon, enjoying the contact between them. And for the first time in a long time, Dipper felt truly at peace with everything.

     Though the two had left early, it was still rather late in the morning by the time the two returned to the shack. Both males were in a slightly annoyed mood thanks to a not so friendly run-in with the gnomes. Though Bill was able to scare them off, Dipper had still gotten hit on the head by something.

     Bill was still fuming as they walked into the clearing. "I swear if any of them hurt you again..."

     "Calm down, Bill. Honestly, it's not that bad. The pain will be gone by the time we go to bed tonight."

     Dipper rubbed his thumb of the demon's knuckles, trying to help him relax. Bill took a few deep breaths before finally calming down.

     "You're right. I just don't like that you got hurt, likely because of me. I feel like I'd go insane again if anything were to happen to you."

     Dipper gave the demon a soft kiss on the cheek, hoping it would help calm the demon. Seeing the smile on the demon's face, the teen knew that it had worked.

     Something neither noticed as they walked up to the shack was that Ford was standing outside, watching them. He had noticed that the two were gone, and had gone out to look for them, only to see them coming back as he opened the door. He couldn't hear what they were saying, though could tell that Bill was upset.