Chapter 5

Dipper awoke to a darkened room. At first, he thought that Bill had let him sleep the day away, but then he saw the curtains. They were blackout curtains. He slowly got up to open them, only for the sun to nearly blind him. "That explains the curtains..." He muttered, closing them again.

He went to lie back down, only to notice a light flashing on his phone. Picking it up, he saw it was a video call from Mabel. Smiling, he answered it. "Dipper!"

Mabel grinned as she saw her twin through her phone. "I've been trying to... Wait, where are you?" Dipper mentally cursed. He had gotten so used to the room that he forgot that Bill had changed it. "Ah, it doesn't matter... How have you been? Are mom and dad still giving you a hard time?"

Mabel gave a loud dramatic sigh, flopping down on her bed. "They're SO annoying! They don't like that I want to go to school for fashion design. And dad is insisting that I work at the pawn shop this summer."

Dipper frowned at this news. He knew what her working at the pawn shop meant. She wouldn't be coming down to Gravity Falls. Dipper sighed, sitting down on the bed dejectedly.

"They really are trying to keep us apart..." He said, getting a nod from Mabel. "Yeah... I just can't stand being away from..." Mabel spoke only to be cut off by a male voice. "Sapling! Are you awake?"

Dipper stared at the door as his blond demon ran into the room. "Oh good, you are. I'm starting dinner, but I can't find the pota... Oh..." Bill had only just noticed Mabel's face on Dipper's phone. Mabel, on the other hand, was grinning widely.

"Dipper! Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?" Dipper just stared speechlessly at the scene before him. "I, uh... Bill is just a friend, Mabel..." Dipper said, unable to look at the demon in front of him.

"Right. Then why are you at his place? And why is he cooking for you?" She hummed, eyeing her brother. "I'll, uh... Just head back downstairs... I'll just use the fries in the freezer..." Bill said, quickly slipping out of the room.

Mabel continued to grin. "He's good looking, Dip. Why not snatch him up while you've got the chance?" Dipper groaned. "Mabel, I'm not like you. Not every guy I meet I want to date. Bill is the first friend I've made here. I don't want to ruin that..." Dipper sighed.

Mabel gave her brother a kind smile. "Look, Dipper. The guy likes you..." Dipper laughed. "Trust me, Mabel. Even if he does like me, it's not in that kind of manner." Mabel frowned at her twin. "Then why is he cooking you dinner?" She asked as though she had found a loophole.

"He found out I can't cook, so he's been cooking for me..." He replied, as though it was a common thing. "Right. Well, I'll let you go, Bro-Bro. Oh, and if you don't, I WILL take that man. He is too damn fine to pass up."

Dipper groaned as Mabel ended the call. He knew he had noticed how good looking Bill was. If anything, Bill was his ideal type. But he just couldn't see him that way. He wasn't even sure if he saw Bill as a real friend.

Groaning, he got up, heading down to the kitchen. He knew Bill would question him about the whole 'boyfriend' thing but hoped that he'd wait until after dinner to ask about it.

As he walked into the kitchen, he was hit by the smell of something burning. Looking around, he saw something smoking on the stove top, though all of the elements were turned off. "Bill! Bill, I think something is burning!" Dipper called, wondering where the demon could've gone.

Bill came running into the kitchen, and Dipper could've laughed. Bill was carrying a fire extinguisher, looking both worried and embarrassed. "Bill, relax, there's no fire." Dipper chuckled, taking the extinguisher from the demon. Bill looked around before looking down, a faint blush on his cheeks. "S-Sorry, Pine Tree..."