Chapter 15

To say that Dipper was shocked to see his two great uncles at the back door would be an understatement. Truthfully, Dipper hadn't expected them back for at least another month. Yet here they were. And as happy as Dipper was to see them, he was also concerned.

"Dipper, mind giving up a hand. We have a lot of things in the car that needs to be taken downstairs." Dipper looked behind him, wondering what would happen if he left Bill alone without a reason. "Um, yeah... Just give me a second..." With a nod from his grunkles, Dipper quickly went into the living room.

Bill looked up as he entered, his eyes quickly darting from Dipper to the kitchen. "Just, stay here, okay...? We don't need them freaking out on us..." Bill smiled, pulling Dipper over to kiss his cheek. "I'll be on my best behaviour." Dipper just rolled his eyes at the demon. "You better. I may take a while, so head to bed without me."

Without looking back, Dipper left to help bring things in from the car. Bill frowned as he watched the teen leave. He knew what having Stan and Ford back meant. Though he knew they'd do everything to protect Dipper, he also knew how thick headed they could be. He'd just have to hope that they'd at least listen to them both before they passed judgement.

Sighing, Bill got up and turned the TV off. He couldn't focus on the movie anymore. And though it was fun to watch, Dipper had been right to say he wouldn't find it scary. Instead, he turned and headed upstairs. He knew they'd have to explain in the morning, but at least then everyone would be well rested.

Listening for the Pines, Bill smiled slightly to himself as he heard Ford talking about his trip to Dipper. At least he knew Dipper would be taken care of while he wasn't there. He closed the door behind him as he entered the door, thinking about how Stan and Ford will react upon learning that he had been living at the shack for a little over a month.

Deciding to worry about it in the morning, since he knew the older twins wouldn't find out about him until the morning, he began to undress. He reached into his drawer for a shirt, only to pull out a navy blue long sleeve shirt. Chuckling to himself, Bill pulled the shirt on. He knew it was one of Dipper's shirts, but it was also two sizes too big for the teen, which allowed for it to fix the more muscular demon.

Bill lied down on the bed but didn't bother to pull the blanket up. He lied there, staring up at the ceiling. It wasn't that he had a lot on his mind, outside of Stan and Ford, but he just wanted to wait for Dipper to come up. He liked having the teen next to him, as he found it rather relaxing to have the teen next to him.

He wasn't sure how long he had been lying there when he heard footsteps coming up the stairs. Smiling, he sat up in the bed as Dipper came through the door. Seeing the look on the teen's face, the demon held his arms out, letting the teen walk over and hug him.

Bill let the brunet calm down before pulling back slightly to look at the teen. "Sapling, did something happen while you were downstairs?" Dipper sighed, shaking his head. "No... Not really... While I was helping bring in a box, I almost let slip that you were here." He let out a sigh as he rested his head against the demon's shoulder. "I just... I want to wait a little longer before they find out that you're not only back, but have been living here."

Bill nodded, rubbing Dipper's arm. He knew the teen was upset at himself, even though there was nothing to be upset over. Kissing his head, Bill pulled back, giving him a soft smile. "Don't worry, Sapling. We can tell them in the morning. I figured making breakfast for them might soften them up." Bill was glad to see the teen smile at that. "Yeah, sounds good."

Dipper got up, going over to his dresser to get changed. He had only just pulled out one of his drawers when he looked back at the demon. It was only then that he noticed the demon was wearing his shirt. Dipper had to smile at the demon's action. Turning back to his dresser, he pulled out a shirt and bottoms. Laughing to himself, he pulled on the yellow tank top he had grabbed, knowing that it was one he had stolen from the demon a while back.