Chapter 12

Saturday morning was a bright warm day. It was the first warm day of the year, though there was still enough of a chill in the air that a sweater was needed. Dipper was curled up on the couch while Bill was making breakfast. The teen hadn't been able to sleep, and Bill had noticed it the moment he woke up.

"Sapling, are you sure you don't want to try to get some more sleep?" Bill called out, a worried expression on his face. "I'm fine Bill. Besides, you promised we'd practice some more." The teen pouted playfully. Bill walked over, placing a hand on the teen's forehead. "You're still warm. I don't know, Pine Tree... If you're tired and sick, magic is the last thing you should be doing."

Dipper looked away. He really was dead tired. But he just couldn't get to sleep. "Look, after breakfast, I'll help you get some sleep. If you're feeling better when you wake up, we can practice some magic. But only if I think you're better." The demon said, looking so serious it was scary. Dipper nodded, both nervous and excited.

Bill kissed the teen's forehead, getting up to head back to the kitchen. Dipper lied down on the couch. Bill had kept his promise, the couch was now as comfortable as his bed. As much as he wanted to stay awake, he also knew he needed the sleep. And that wasn't just because Bill was withholding practice from him.

Sighing, the teen turned to face the back of the couch. The rhythmic sounds coming from the kitchen were relaxing, which was helping the teen rest. He didn't want to actually fall asleep, but some rest, or even a nap, couldn't hurt.

Dipper was just starting to feel the effects of sleep when something shot through him, causing him to jump up, only to fall and smash into the table. "Dipper?" Bill called, running into the room. "What happened?" He asked, helping the teen up. "I don't know... I was just lying there when I felt... I don't know... Something like electricity shoot through my whole body."

Bill frowned, sitting next to Dipper. "Are you hurting anywhere? Need me to get you anything?" The brunet shook his head, resting back against the couch. "No... It was just weird... And I was just starting to relax too..." He groaned, standing to stretch. "I think I'll listen to you and head to bed after breakfast."

Bill got up, kissing the teen's cheek. "You do that. And Dipper, you know you can tell me anything, right." Dipper noticed that Bill had an expression on his face that he couldn't quite place. "Of course. I just... It's getting close to the end of the school year, and I have a lot on my mind..."

Bill nodded, giving the brunet another kiss on the cheek. "I understand. School means more to you humans." With that, Bill made his way back into the kitchen while Dipper moved over to Stan's recliner, grabbing a book to read while he waited. He hated that Bill did all the cooking but since the demon didn't want to teach him how to cook, he didn't really have many options.

Dipper hadn't realized just how ingrained he was in his book until he felt a soft shake. Look up, he saw Bill standing over him. "Breakfast is ready, Sapling." Dipper could smell the food now, and it was causing him to be quite hungry. Getting up, he followed Bill into the kitchen. "What did you make? I can't place the smell..."

Bill smiled, pulling the teen into the kitchen. One the table sat what looked to be a giant buffet. "Bill? We can't possibly eat all this ourselves. Why did you make so much?" He asked the demon, though only got a shrug in return. "I couldn't pick one thing, and thought that a buffet would be fun."

Dipper sat down in his normal spot, picking up his plate and dumping on as much food as he could manage. Though he figured he still put too much on his plate. Bill's food was always amazing, though loved his breakfasts even more. "What do you plan to do with the leftovers?" Dipper asked as he began to eat. Bill looked the food over. "Keep what we can. Toss what we can't. Do you think the creatures in the forest would like the food?"