✮ Chapter 8

Somewhere in Egypt...

In a quiet yet dusty study, a lone figure stands within the darkness, contemplating.

"Yet again, another one has failed."

Only a few minutes ago was Dio alerted of Forever's failure in getting rid of Joseph and the rest of his group. What irritated him more was the presence of Kakyoin and Polnareff, two outstanding stand users that were once in his control.

Avdol's presence was of little concern, the Egyptian running from him long ago made no difference to him now.

What truly bothered him was the fact they sided with the old Joestar, causing his already thinning patience to deteriorate even further.

Joseph and Jotaro was his true concern out of the Crusaders, the two carrying the very bloodline he so deeply despised.

"They are more formable than I thought," he scowls.

Eyeing the flickering flame of a candle, Dio decides he should check up on the group. Though he knew they were aware of his location, he was more concerned about the sixth member of the group.

For some reason, in his previous divinations, he wasn't able to get a good look at their sixth member. A circular image of electricity blurred them, easily hiding them away from Dio's sight.

Unknown to him, whenever he glances at the blurred image Jonathan's body would react. A sense of foreboding would overcome him, yet Dio frustratingly knew it was his feelings rather than Jonathan's.

Curious about their nature, the vampire is determined to find out the identity of Joseph's last member.

Sighing, Dio turns his gaze upon the polaroid settled on the wooden table in front of him, illuminated by candlelight.

Hovering his hand over the polaroid, vibrant thorny vines that resemble Joseph's Hermit Purple appear wrapped around his wrist.

Reaching toward the polaroid, Dio presses his vine-covered hand lightly against it before pulling away, the vines disappearing as quickly as they appeared.

For a few seconds, nothing happens before the polaroid vibrates and the picture slips out.

Taking it, Dio waits in anticipation for the image to materialize. Once the image appears, his body freezes on the spot, his eyes widening at the sight of you.

"It couldn't be," he thinks at the sight before him.

Taking note of familiar features from the sharpness of your [e/c] eyes and the slight waviness of your [h/c] hair, Dio feels a small sense of trepidation well up inside of him.

Setting the picture down on the desk, the vampire runs a hand across his face as a chuckle falls from his lips.

"What a sudden turn of events," he grins, "So, Diana's granddaughter is going to be my foe as well."

"Diana, Jojo, just let me go!"

"I can give you both eternity and heal those wounds, just release me!"

Dio squeezes his eyes shut, the image of Jonathan's lifeless eyes forever seared within his memory.

"Jojo... He's dead."

He grips the side of the desk tightly as he feels the phantom touch of the memory.

"Diana, we can still escape from here!"

The edge of the desk cracks as his grip steadily tightens.

"Dio... I'm sorry."

The edge of the desk completely crumbles, his eyes snapping open as he refuses to relive the memory any further. He drops the broken pieces of the desk without a sound, his body shaking from the bit of dissociation that he feels.

Clenching a hand into a fist, the sharp pain of his nails digging into his palm allows him to ground himself.

Releasing a sigh, Dio picks up the picture as stares at it with a sense of calm.

A smirk curls upon his lips as he utters, "An Abbot is just as troublesome as a Joestar."

"