✮ Chapter 6

Unlike Jiro, who decided to serve Dio out of his own free will, Polnareff had a flesh bud embedded within his forehead. So, instead of leaving the Frenchman to suffer Jotaro removed it as Joseph destroyed it with his hamon.

When Polnareff reawakened, they had received his gratitude while also learning of the tragic death of his sister by a man with two right hands. Learning that the man who took his sister's life swore loyalty to Dio caused a new addition to be added to their group.

With a new ally by their side, the Crusaders focus back on their journey.

After much consulting, Joseph decided taking a sea route to reach Egypt would be easier instead of taking a chance of going by car, and with a quick call to the Speedwagon Foundation, a boat was easily provided.

Leaning against the side of the boat, you stare at the birds high up in the sky. You relax when a cool breeze blows by, thankful for the momentary reprieve from the current situation at hand. As you soak in some sun, Jotaro and Kakyoin were lounging in some chairs. 

Joseph walks up to them dressed in casual sea wear and addresses them with, "The trip from Hong Kong to Singapore takes 3 days by ship, so until then let's just relax."

Then he narrows his eyes at their school uniforms.

"Isn't it hot traveling in those," he wonders, "Why don't you change out of your uniforms?"

"But we are students," Kakyoin replies, "We have to look like students."

You and Jotaro merely nodded in agreement to Kakyoin's answer, even though you would've gone with keeping the same outfit since constant attacks from the enemy would just damage your clothing.

Joseph could only sigh and give a small shake of his head before heading off to speak with Avdol.

The relaxed atmosphere did not last long as someone yells out, "Let me go!" 

The sudden exclamation drags you out of your musings and brings to your attention on one of the crewmen roughly handling a kid. Confusion settles on your face as Joseph goes over to see about the sudden commotion.

"What's going on over here?" Joseph inquires before stating, "I specifically asked for no other passengers."

"I'm sorry, Mr. Joestar," the crewman frowns, "This kid snuck on and hid at the bottom of the ship."

The crewman gives Joseph an apologetic look while struggling to maintain a hold on the struggling stowaway.

"Come on," the kid exclaims while struggling a little harder, "I'll give you a good fight!"

The crewman grew aggravated as he yells, "I'll turn you over to the coastal police!"

Hearing this, their struggling becomes even more frantic.

"Don't turn me in!" The kid pleas. "Please, just let me go. I just want to see my father in Singapore. Just put me to work! I'll do whatever you say!"

Their insistent suggestion results in the crewman questioning what to do with them while picking at them in the process. With obvious annoyance, the crewman was delighted in making the kid sweat by turning them in.

You click your tongue at the sight before letting out a surprised laugh the second they bite down rather hard on the crewman's hand.

"Ah, you little—!" The crewman releases them, allowing them to dart off.

"There they go," you huff in amusement as a few more crewmen try to stop them.

"Ah, wait!" You yell when you notice the kid rush off toward the railing of the boat before diving over the edge.