✮ Chapter 2

Instead of heading back home, you had decided to stay over at the Kujo residence. Sleep was rather elusive since you had so much going on in your mind. When you finally fell asleep, too soon were you waking up to the sound of birds chirping first thing in the morning.

Instead of wallowing in bed till it was time to get ready you decided to get dressed for school.

After completing your daily routine and getting dressed, you decide to head out to the porch for some fresh air. Sighing softly you sit down and close your eyes, relaxing as a faint breeze passes by. A few minutes pass as you relax in silence before Jotaro is sitting down next to you and quietly staring forward.

Opening your eyes, you take a small glance at him before leaning back on your hands and staring up at the sky.

He's worried.

The tension between them is thick, ably one-sided. Watching some birds fly by, you wait for Jotaro to say what's on his mind. 

"Why are you still here?"

You pause at his question before solemnly mumbling, "Ya know, I've known the story about my grandmother Diana and your grandfather for as long as I can remember. Funnily enough, pops knew a distant relative of mine that traveled with him in the past. Of course, the end results of their travels led to the warnings I grew up with."

"Never go near a Joestar!"

"They're cursed, so you'll be cursed!"

"A Joestar will get you killed!"

Jotaro frowns and asks, "Do you believe them?"

"They're warnings because of the death of my grandmother and the bitterness of those left to mourn," you scoff, "That shouldn't justify assuming your entire family will bring my own to its destruction."

"Really?" Jotaro inquired softly.

You pause at that, a faint smile curling at your lips.

It's funny how one little word is uttered yet you understood the plethora of things he truly wants to say.

Scooting closer to him, instead of answering him you ask, "Do you really think I'll leave?"

"No," he responds without any hesitation.

"Damn right, no," you exclaim with a grin before continuing with "By mere chance, fate, or whatever the hell controls the universe we became friends, Jotaro. No matter what, as long as you'll have me I'll be by your side!"

Jotaro remains silent as he lifts a hand to entwine his fingers with yours.

When you don't pull away he mumbles, "That'll be for a long time then."

You let out a short laugh at that as you lean your head against his arm.

You agree with a soft, "It sure is."

After a while, Holly comes up behind them to deliver their lunches for the day. She internally squeals at the sight of them, wishing she had a camera.

Instead, she ushers them up with, "Up, up, you two. You don't wanna be late for school!"

Jotaro takes his lunch in silence while you give Holly a quick "Thank you!"

Then, Holly throws in a hug before sending them off to school.

On their way to school, Jotaro is suddenly swarmed by his fangirls who were desperately trying to gain his attention. Their attempts only resulted in an aggressive retort from Jotaro which did nothing to deter them at all.