✮ Chapter 4

After the naming of Jotaro's stand, Joseph decided the best way for the group to travel to Egypt is by plane. Of course, you silently held some concern about that form of transportation since you heard about Joseph's terrible luck with planes. Even though it was concerning, you saw no other quick alternative and hopped on the plane with confidence you didn't necessarily feel.

Now, you were settled in one of the seats behind Joseph and Jotaro, arms crossed as you stared passively out the plane window with your index finger lightly tapping at your arm.

You were both worried and uneasy.

50 Days

The short time limit Holly has made you worried, concern for your second mother consuming any fear or hesitation you held about this suicidal journey. You were also worried about your own mother, the woman having shed tears when she learned of your decision to go. Even though she had wanted you to stay away from the danger, it was too late to avoid it since it came to the people close to you. There was no way you'd turn a blind eye to that and sit on the sidelines just to save your own skin.

After all, you're a Yamada and though danger may come to you voluntarily or not, you'd be able to handle it.

In a way, this journey is a part of your own destiny.

Though your worries are something you could handle your growing sense of unease makes you frown. The second you'd step on to the plane you felt as if you entered a different territory. Your instincts play a massive part whenever you're facing an opponent, but now they'd be used for your survival.

At this moment in time, you didn't feel like this would be a smooth plane ride.

Then suddenly, you hear a strange buzzing noise that doesn't resemble the steady thrum of the plane's engine.

Unlatching your seatbelt, you peer over the seats in front of you. Squinting in the slight darkness, your eyes instantly take notice of a small yet strange shadowy figure zipping through the cabin at an alarming speed.

"Jotaro," you whisper, "I think we have a problem."

This definitely brings Jotaro to attention as Joseph's whispers, "Did you notice anything strange, [Y/n]?"

"Yeah," you respond, "Look toward the direction of the cockpit."

The sound of seatbelts unlocking is heard as the others look in the direction you suggest, eyes searching for a sign of something strange.

Then, Jotaro catches a glimpse of the strange shadow. 

"An insect on a plane? That's unusual, but it looked like a stag beetle."  He frowns as he slowly stands from his seat.

You feel your skin crawl when you hear Kakyoin mumble, "It hid behind a seat."

Joseph leans over the seat asking, "Avdol, is it a stand user sent by Dio?"

Frowning, Avdol replies with, "It's possible."

Your eyes widen in surprise as the stag beetle zipped behind Jotaro's head.

"Jotaro, it's right behind you," Kakyoin manages to yell out.

Turning his head, Jotaro comes face to face with the stag beetle. The stag beetle's sharp pointed teeth poke out from between its pincers, strange drool dripping from them. Slowly, a needle began to slip past its clenched teeth as Jotaro moves from his seat and backs up down the small aisle.

"Be careful," Avdol warns him, "I heard about a stand user who likes to rip out his opponent's tongue."

Nodding, Jotaro calls out Star Platinum who appears instantaneously with a fierce expression on his face. With a quick swipe of his hand, Star Platinum follows the stag beetle's quick movement and aims to attack.