✮ Chapter 5

[Hong Kong, China]

After Joseph was able to somewhat safely land the plane in the water and everyone was helicoptered to safety, the Crusaders found themselves at a restaurant.

Leaning back in his seat Joseph sighs out "There's no way we can take a plane to Egypt anymore since the chance of more innocent people being killed is high. This leaves us with the options of traveling by land or sea."

"We have to make sure the form of transportation we take is the best choice," Avdol says with crossed arms, "Even though we can't avoid Dio's men altogether, one of the two have to provide a better chance of us making it further than we did with the plane."

Joseph voices his agreement on Avdol's thought process, leading the conversation between them toward the best possible options to take.

You couldn't help but let out a small yet quiet groan in slight frustration.

Turning your attention to Jotaro and Kakyoin you ask, "If a plane isn't safe, how do we even know other forms of transportation will do better?"

"We don't, especially since we don't know how Dio's even keeping track of our location to send his men after us," Kakyoin responds with a frown.

"All we can do is take them down when they appear," is the answer Jotaro gives.

"Speaking like a true delinquent, Jotaro," you sigh.

The rest of the conversation comes to halt when a man walks up to their table with a menu in hand.

"Excuse me," he utters the second he's gained their attention.

"You see," he starts, "I'm a French tourist and I don't understand the words on the menu."

Jotaro scowls at him before stating, "Get lost. We're busy."

You lightly smack Jotaro's arm while saying, "There's no need to be rude!"

Joseph gestures for the man to sit down as he calls for the waiter.

Looking at the menu, he states, "I've been to Hong Kong before, so I can read a bit of Kanji."

Joseph begins to point at different things as the waiter writes down his order. "Let's see. Shrimp, duck, fish fin, mushroom?"

The waiter eagerly writes down the order and adds the other things Joseph points at. Once the order was made the waiter leaves to put it in. The group makes idle chatter before their food is brought over and placed on the table in front of them.

Everyone is silent at the sight of the cooked frogs, clams, fish, and congee while Joseph laughed it off with a "Ha! Well, let's just eat, it's on me."

"Figures," Jotaro grumbles while you whisper, "It could be worse," before grabbing a plate and fixing yourself some of the fish.

After taking a bite, to your surprise, the fish was actually pretty tasty. The rest of the group dig into the dishes laid out before them, a comfortable silence filling the air as they ate.

Then, the Frenchman picks up a star-shaped carrot with his chopsticks.

"Check out this carrot," he says while holding up the star-shaped vegetable, "I think I've seen it somewhere before."

This causes the group to tense up, their food is instantly forgotten as they turn their gazes upon their foreign acquaintance.

"Oh, that's right," he states as he holds it in front of him to position it in front of his left side, "I believe I know someone with a birthmark in this shape."