☠Chapter 2

MAX'S POV: 

"What do you mean an act?" I asked. "Well, guys have pretended to hate me when they really like me. Maybe, that's what Andy's doing to you," she answered.

"No. He really hates me. If he was acting, I think I would've known," I told her. "You don't know everything Max." She turned to walk over to Andy but I pulled her to the other side of the book store. "Why did you do that?" "I don't want him to know we're here," I said pulling a book off of one of the shelves. I opened the book right to the middle and started reading the page.

I could feel Alana's breath on my neck, so she must've been reading it too. "You done?" I asked. "Yep." I closed the book and put it back up. We both sat on the ground and started looking through a lot of them. It may be a small store but there are tons of books.

Alana had chosen two books to buy, I had about 5 or 6. I was looking through one when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked back but in the corner of my eye I could see Andy looking at some of them. I never really thought of him as a bookworm but who am I to judge? 

Alana grabbed her books and I, mine. We walked past him and I knew he noticed me. After we bought our books, we headed back out to my truck. I was about to unlock it when I heard footsteps stop behind me. Andy. 

I turned around and crossed my arms. "What are you doing here?" I asked with a bit of annoyance in my voice. "Trying to find a book for someone," he answered. Why am I wondering to who the someone is? 

He pushed past me and to his car. I was about to ask who it was for but I didn't want to him to think I cared.

I got in the car and glanced back. For a second, I thought Andy was looking at me but then I just pushed that thought away.

It was around 6:00 when I got home, I went to Alana's house for a while. I noticed Andy's car wasn't the driveway, thank God he isn't home. I closed the front door and found Sammi sitting on the couch, probably waiting for Jinxx.

For some reason, I was always awkward around girls. But when I'm with guys, I just was always comfortable with them. I'm awkward around Alana a lot of times, but she finds it hilarious. I don't.

I took off my jacket and walked up the stairs to my bedroom. I threw my keys, jacket and the bag of books on my bed and headed straight for my computer. I was writing a story but I was stuck. I heard someone coming upstairs and realized that I forgot to close the door. I looked back and saw Andy standing in the doorway.

"What do you want?" I said. "What's your favorite book?" he asked. What? Did he really just ask me that? He's never wanted to know about me.

"The Woman In Black. Why do you want to know?" I replied. "Just curious," he answered. He was leaning against the doorway. For once, we weren't fighting....for long.

"You're never 'curious'. You want something. What it is it?" I told him. "I saw you in the book store and  I just wanted to know what your favorite book was." If he was trying to get me frustrated, he was succeeding.

 "Go away," I demanded and I turned back to my lap top. "No. I just want to get to know you." "Go. Away," I said blankly. "Oh come on, can we please just get along for once?" he asked. "Let me think about that, no," I answered.

I heard him sigh. He was getting annoyed and I was enjoying it.

"Can you not be...you for 5 minutes?" "Excuse me?" I argued, turning around. "You just have to start something don't you?" "Probably." "You are so annoying!" I yelled through gritted teeth. "At least I'm not self centered," he fought back. "What?! I am not!" I snapped.

"Denial."

I pushed past him. He followed me out. I stopped and turned around to face him.

"You know what?! I'm sick of you! You can't go one day without a fight can you? I can't do this! I hate it! I hate you!" I screamed. He looked...surprised as soon as I said I hate you to him. "I just wanted to get know you. Is that so hard? I want us to get along!" he shouted.

"You don't want to get know me! If you wanted to you would've done it two years ago!" I turned around and started to walk down the stairs. He leaned over the railing.He tried saying something  but I didn't want to hear it.

"Don't talk to me! I don't want anything to do with you anymore!" I shouted. 

I could feel every ones eyes on me as I stormed out the front door. I walked for around for awhile and somehow made it to the park. I walked to a tree, took off my jacket and I cried.  

I could hear footsteps behind me, I didn't care who it was as long as it wasn't Andy. I could feel someone putting their arm around me and pull me closer to them. I looked up and realized it was Ashley. 

We sat there the whole night, with me crying.