Part 2

Arohi woke up with a blinding headache...why did she drink so much?!  She usually wasn't one to get so drunk but last night her and her group had been celebrating the end of their 4 month long dance theatre perfomance.  It had been a hectic schedule with them performing in 20 different cities with Mumbai being their last stop.  A lot of her friends were returning back home to Vancouver.  But she'd be sticking around.  Her family was joining her in a few days and together they would travel to Chandigarh for a family wedding.  She couldn't wait to see her family...it had been too long.  Arohi got up slowly and went into the bathroom to splash some water on her face.  As she looked in the mirror, events from the previous night ran through her mind.  Dancing, drinking, laughing, throwing a drink in some good looking strangers face...wait a minute did she actually do that?!  OH YEAH she did.  Well he deserved it  she thought...okay maybe he didn't deserve the drink in his face but he did deserve being told off by her.  He didn't even know her and he made so many judgements about her.  Arrogant...she's arrogant because she's not falling all over herself to talk to every guy that approached her.  PLEASE!  Thinking about him made her mad but when she pictured him in her head she had to admit that he was HOT.  He was so tall that even with heals she had found herself looking up at him.  He was the perfect build, .and those big  eyes..beautiful would be the only way to describe them.  Yup he was HOT and he knew it   The way he carried himself, his confidence in himself.  . She had caught herself stealing looks at hm more than once last night.  BUT arrogant  no it alls were not her type.  Well who cares, it's not like she's going to ever see him again.

Just then the phone rang bringing Arohi back to the present.  Picking up her cel; phone she saw that it was her dad calling.  excitedly she picked up the phone.  "dad how are you"? she said into the phone.  Arohi was a daddy's girl, she was his princess and her dad's favorite.  Most girls tell their mom everything but Arohi told her dad everything.  He always supported her through anything and was always there to listen and give advice even when he was so busy with his business.  He was the one that encouraged her to take part in the dance theatre group and to travel and see as much of the world as she can...before she settled down to a career.  She was close to her mom aswell but her dad and her had a special bond.  "Dad I can't wait to see you all." Have you spoken to Thiaya ji and chachu is everything ready for the wedding"?  "We are going to have so much fun"  Her dad laughed hearing her chatter and her excitement.  "Arohi everything is ready for the wedding...we'll be there the day after tomorrow and then we'll leave for Chandigarh right away.  This is going to be a special trip in more ways then one, Arohi beta I have a big surprise for you.  Arohi immediately started asking questions..what, where, how, when, what????  Her dad just laughed and said she'd find out soon enough.  Their call ended soon after leaving arohi curious about what the next few days will bring.  She loved surprises so she couldn't wait.  She looked at the clock and quickly started getting ready, she had 2 days to get her outifits bought and ready for the wedding!

About 10 minutes away Arjun too was waking up, it would be safe to say he had not slept well.  The last person he had thought of last night  was also the first person he thought of today.  HER!!  Events from last night came rushing back to him.  He grabbed his phone and called Romit.   Romit picked up the phone sounding groggy and sleepy.  'Wake Up!"  Arjun snapped into the phone.  " I want you to call around and find out who that girl was..where she came from, where she lives, everything and anything you can find out".  I want this information ASAP!  "Romit are you listening to me...get on this".  Arjun hung up before Romit could say anything.  Arjun was on a mission he wasn't going to rest until he taught that girl a lesson.  But first he needed to know who she was.

Two days had turned up nothing about her and Arjun was begining to get frustrated.  She popped into his head all the time, at work, at the gym, when he was out...he'd suddenly think of her and his anger would rush back.  Now as he packed his bags getting ready to go home and spend a few days  with his family his frustration built...what if she was no longer in India then he'd never find her!

Arohi loved Chandigarh.  Everytime she came to India, this was usually their first stop.  Her granparents, chachu, chachi, thaiyaji, thaiji, cousins, buas, masis all lived here.  Whenever she came everyone would spoil her and spend lots of time with her doing fun activities.  Her family was so lively, and fun, and her cousin getting married..the first of all the cousins, made this trip even more exciting.   Arohi always felt comfortable when she got to the house because she knew this was her home too.  Her and her cousins would stay up nights and laugh and talk and eat!  Some nights they would sneak out (her thaiyaji was a little strict) but hey you gotta live on the wild side sometimes.    Arohi was extremely close to her Rajveer Chachu,  but she wasn't a big fan of her Gauri chachi but chachu more then made up for chachi's lack of social skills.  The festivities were starting tonight with the first of them being the haldi ceremony.  Her cousin Shefali (her thaiyaji's daughter)  was getting married in 3 days.  Haldi tonite, Mendhi tommorow night and then the wedding and reception the following day.  Arohi and her cousin's were surprising Shefali with a dance performance on the Mendhi night.  Arohi had chereographed the dance and was going to teach the girls tonight. 

Seeing the house beautifully decorated in dark shades of Pink, gold and copper.  The beautiful colors, wonderful smells of delicious food,  all types of flowers in all different colors and her family's laughter and chatter made Arohi so happy.  Arohi's family meant the world to her she would give anything to  keep them smiling and laughing like this. 

Haldhi night was well on it's way.  Arohi had just finished applying some on Shefali when her dad called her over.  Next to him sat a man that Arohi instantly recognized!  She hadn't seen him in many years but when she was  at home she saw a framed picture of him and her dad every day.  Rudra uncle was Arohi's dad's oldest and closest friend.  As Arohi's dad described it they were brothers.  Even living so far away from eachother they still spoke every weekend, no matter where they were and every time either one was in the same country they would get together.  Arohi walked over and gave him a big hug and was surprised to see tears in uncle's eyes.  She looked at her dad with a questioning look and her dad just smiled at her.  "They're tears of happiness her dad said and uncle then put his hand on her head and said " I've waited for this happy occasion for a long time and finally it's here".  Arohi thought to herself Uncle must be getting emotional over Shefali's wedding.

The next day:

Arjun loved being home.  Good food, being pampered by his mom, seeing old friends, sleeping in, this was the life.  Mumbai was way too fast paced compared to Chandigarh.   Like tonight he was planning on vegging at home, his cousin's were coming by, maybe catch up with them and then hit a pub for some drinks.  But ofcourse his dad had other plans for him.   Arjun had just seen his dad 2 weeks ago when he came to Mumbai to go over some projects...projects that Arjun had worked on start to finish and knew the ins and outs of.  Still his dad had asked 101 questions and wanted to know every little detail.  Arjun didn't know when his dad would finally start to trust Arjun's judgement and understand that now Arjun is running the company and since he had taken over profits had doubled!

So when his dad said we're going to a mendhi ceremony even though Arjun wasn't in the mood he knew there was no way out.   Arjun's took a quick shower and threw on a black kurtha.  He was really hoping it wasn't too long a night.  Once at the venue Arjun recognizes it immediately, this was the home of his dad's childhood friend.   The house is lavisly decorated and Arjun recognizes people he's known all his life, including some old school friends. He starts walking over when an announcement is made that Shefali's cousin's have a special surprise for her.  A hush falls over the room as the lights dim and you hear the tinkling of the payals on the feet of the girls as they ran to the stage and position themselves.  The musc starts and the lights came on slowly and front and centre on the stage who does Arjun see but the GIRL!