Part 18

"Yes, Ari, for the fifth time I love the colors you've chosen for the bridesmaids outfits." Arohi said into the phone.  "Yes, they go perfectly with your lengha."  Arohi replied rolling her eyes.  "No, I don't think you look fat in your lengha!"  "Yes, I examined the photos you emailed me closely of you in your lengha.  You looked absolutely beautiful."  "No I'm not just saying that because you're my best friend."  Arohi felt like banging her head against the wall. 

Aria's wedding was 3 weeks away and she had been calling Arohi multiple times a day to go over every minute detail.   Arohi was so excited that Ari and Kabir were finally getting married.  But seriously her best friend was driving her crazy.   Her usually very decisive friend was changing her mind everyday about everything.  Be it her wedding lengha, the catering, the decorations and even the guest list!  She hated to say it but Aria had become a bridezilla!

"Yes Aria, I'm listening" Arohi answered.  "Yes, I'll be there next week, a full week before the week long wedding celebrations start" Arohi said rolling her eyes again.  "No, I'm not rolling my eyes." Arohi said sitting up and looking around.  This is what happens when you're best friend knows you a little too well.

"Aria, let's talk about more important things, like your STAGETTE!  I have the most awesome weekend planned for us."  "Picture it, 10 gorgeous girls, Las Vegas, partying all day and night."  "Ari please stop being such a prude ofcourse there will be strippers."  Arjun chose that second to walk into Arohi's room.  "Strippers" he repeated raising his eyebrows.  Arohi saw him and whispered   "We'll talk about this later."  I don't care what Kabir likes or wants, this is your stagette and we're going to do it right."  "Ari, listen okay fine, Kabir JIJU.  I don't care what Kabir jiju likes.  Is that better."  "Arjun is not your jiju so stop calling him that." Arohi whispered angrily into the phone. 

That's when Arjun grabbed the phone from Arohi's hand. "Hi Aria, how's it going?"  "How are wedding preparations coming along?"  "Yes, she can be quite bossy sometimes." Arjun answered looking at Arohi.  Arohi had her hands on her hips and was glaring at him.  "Yup, she's glaring at me right now."  Arjun turned away from Arohi and went and made himself comfortable on her bed.  Arohi threw her hands up in the air and walked out of the room.

"Arjun, you two have been together for 4 months now, so when are you  proposing to Arohi?" Aria asked cutting right down to the chase.  Arjun burst out laughing.  "You don't beat around the bush do you?" he asked.  "Not when it comes to my best friend I don't." Aria responded.  "Are you in love with her?"  Arjun paused and then answered her question "I love her more than I thought it was possible to love someone."  "Well then why haven't you told her?"  Arjun gave a surprised laugh.  "Aria you know your stubborn friend she's not ready to hear it yet."  "I know right now if I tell her she's going to run in the other direction."  "Arjun, I can tell she's in love with you.  I hear it in her voice everytime she talks about you.  You should go for it and tell her."  "I'll think about it." he said as he watched Arohi walk back into the room.  Arohi climbed up on to the bed and sat down next to Arjun leaning her head on his shoulder and taking his hand in hers and entwining their fingers.

"Okay Aria, I'll pass the phone back to Arohi.  You enjoy your stripper stagette and I'll see you in a few weeks for the wedding."   "Yes, I'm arriving a few days before the wedding, I wouldn't miss it."  Arohi, took the phone back and said "Bye Ari, love you,  I'll probably talk to you in another hour when you have another major wedding emergency."  With that she hung up.