Friends with Benifits

no magic/ alternate universe AU
***

Merlin and Arthur have been friends since middle school, best friends since high shchool, and fuck buddies since freshman year of uni. It all started because they were both too busy to try and find a lay or an actual date and so after one night of drunk and horny induced sex they made the deal.

--

"So.... that happened."

"Yup" Merlin replied, popping the p. They were both still naked in his bed and he wasn't sure if this was awkward or not.

"Well I can't say that I don't feel better."

Merlin laughed and laughed and Arthur joined in. When they calmed down Merlin replied with, "No, can't say that I don't either."

"Friends with Benifits?"

"Aww look at you being all polite about the term fuck buddies."

Arthur hit Merlin in the face with a pillow.

"Hey!"

"You deserved it."

"Whatever. Anyway ground rules."

--

So the rules were set.

1. They both have to agree to have sex
2. Can not tell anybody else
3. Can date and sleep with other people
4. Can terminate the agreement at anytime

And the arrangement has worked well. They had shared an off campus flat that is nice and expensive, thanks to Arthur. Merlin agreed to the deal of him doing all the cooking, cleaning, and laundry and Arthur takes care of the bill. Merlin only agreed cause Arthur had to promise not to leave things too messy and make Merlin basically his servent. When they finished Uni last year and Merlin got a job and saved up enough money he moved two blocks away but they are still friends. Good friends. Best friends...who sometimes fuck.
No problem has ever come from it.

--

"Hey, prat." Merlin says into his phone on the third ring of Arthur's ringtone.

"Hi, idiot."

"What do you want?"

"Can't I just call my best friend?"

"No."

"Yes I can shut up."

"You'd get bored if I shut up." Merlin could hear Arthur chuckle and could practically see him rolling his eyes.

"Wanna come over and watch a movie? There is this horror movie on Netflix that looks good."

"Sure. When do you want me to come over."

"Like soon."

"I'll be there in half an hour."

"I'll order some food, what you in the mood for."

Merlin bit back the 'you' that sprang onto his tongue and shook his head. "Surprise me." He said instead and hungup.

He looked at his clothes and wondered if this was really a movie night or a 15 minutes of a movie and a fuck. Well if Arthur is horny then he will deal with Merlin in his sweat pants and hoodie. They are easier to take off will be his excuse if Arthur asks, but really Merlin isn't going to take the chance of changing into his 'fuck me' clothes when this could actually be a movie night.
When Merlin parks in the driveway and walks inside he smells chinese food and smiles. He walks right over to the couch and plops down next to Arthur and grabs the food that is on his side of the coffee table.