Young Love

I took some inspiration from one of my phan fics but its mine still so like..whatever. There is some references to liek highschool musical and whatever in here so look out for those and bonus points if y'all can tell which state I am from just from this chapter lmao. I'll give you a hint, the keys to discovering my state is in the paragraph with the glow golf. There is two things in there that are pretty much a dead givaway and some other more subtle ones but they could be just people from surrounding states too ig, if you know ya know...probs know someone from here or live here so heyyyyy. There's no shame in cheating tho because most people will probably not know what the hell I'm talking about lol.

-----------

Arthur sighs in relief as he manages to sneak out of his house without anyone noticing, if he had to hear 'You have a girlfriend yet' or 'We gotta find you a woman' he was going to lose it and if one more person gave him their neices or daughters numbers he was going to explode. He breathes in the fresh air and rushes into the small forest close to his house. He remembers a small cliff that he used to sit on and watch the sunset whenever he needed some space, he hadn't been in quite some time however and that must be why he encounters someone else already here. He stops abrubtly near the top; he just wants to be alone, is that too much to ask for? He contemplates turning back and finding somewhere else to be miserable when blue eyes meet his.

"Oh, hello." Arthur looks at him closely, recognizing the boy as one of the kids in his grade. People found him rather odd and tended to bully him and it's for that reason that he doesn't just turn around and ignore him.

"Uh, hi."

The boy smiles and looks back down at his lap that Arthur now notices has a sketch book there. "Sorry I will just-"

"You can stay, I don't mind, you probably want to be away from your house."

Arthur squints at him suspiciously and walks closer. "Why's that?"

He looks back up at him, "Because your here." He says casually andlooks back down at his sketch book and lets the pencil scratch the paper. Arthur cautiously sits, letting his feet dangle off the edge a couple feet away from Merlin, while the boy himself sits with his legs crossed and back hunched as he draws.

"I didn't mean you had to stay, just to be clear." Merlin says suddenly but doesn't look at him.

"What?" He asks slightly offended.

"I just realized I might of made it sound like you had to stay because I didn't mind the company and I don't want you to stay because you don't want to be rude, it's all right if you want to be alone and not in my company I wouldn't be offended."

"Oh." His urge to be alone has gone now that he is in the presence of someone who doesn't want to talk about how he is doing or when he is going to get a girlfriend. "Well, if you really don't mind then I think I would like to stay right here."

"Okay." Merlin grins at him before looking back down and continuing to draw. Arthur lays on his back and stares up into the clear blue sky and sighs. Letting the sounds of the pencil marking the page and the leaves rustling calm him.

"What are you drawing?" He asks a couple minutes later.

"A unicorn."

Arthur turns his head towards him and his lips twitch up slighty, the closest he has to smiling since his father's friends came to visit. "Can I see?"

"It's not done."

"When it's done?"

"If you still want to see it."