Coming Home To You

Merlin can't belive his eyes as his king emerges from the lake of Avalon. The wind howls in his ears and there is a strong urge to close his eyes against the wind but he resists because if he closes his eyes now he is afraid Arthur will dissapear.
He feels hot tears flow down his cheeks as he hears his real name being called out for the first time in centuries. Merlin runs into the crashing waves of the lake shore calls out to Arthur desperately. He tries to fight the waves but the force of them crashing down against him keep pushing his back and Arthur keeps tripping causing him to fall back, farther away from Merlin, and he can't take it anymore. With a gutteral cry of a spell the water seperates as he moves his hands away from each other, creating a path of soggy sand for them which is so much more bearable than trying to run in water. Another raspy spell and the water stays put in its invisable cage as Arthur stands up and stares at Merlin who gasps for air and hopes the wettness on his face will be interpretted as the lake water and not from his tears. They start moving towards each other again at the same time, frantic movements almost like they are being pulled together by powerful magnets and they need to get to the other. Arthur grunts as they finally meet in the middle from the force Merlin used to leap at him and wrapped his arms around him in a vice like grip. Merlin sobbed hysterically, thankful for Arthur's lack of armor so he could hold his shirt in fists. Arthur holds his head in one hand and his other arm holds his waist holding him as close to him as possible and nuzzles his neck. When he managed to calm down enough to talk he started stroking Merlin's hair tenderly and shushing him.

"It's okay, Merlin," He says softly, "I'm here now." He runs his other hand up his back and continues to talk soothingly until Merlin is breathing and not hyperventilating.

"Arthur..." He says drastically and, somehow, clinging on tighter.

Arthur moves his hand from his back to his arm and leans back slightly urging Merling to look at him. His eyes are red and puffy, tear stains down his cheeks, his hair sopping wet and sticking down on his forehead, his ears sticking out, and his cheeks are red and patchy from emotion. He is the most beautiful thing Arthur has ever seen. More beautiful than Gwen ever was, in his opinion, and he just can't help himself anymore. He leans in, closing his eyes as their lips meet, and he can feel the tension leaving Merlin's body. His hands don't hold onto his shirt as tightly and his shoulders relax. His hands move to his bicep and the crook of his neck while Arthur's hands hold his cheek and hip. When they pull apart they rest their foreheads together and look at each other. Arthur smiles softly and brings Merlin's face back towards his and they kiss three more times before he whispers against his lips.

"I love you."

Merlin's knees buckle and Arthur catches him before slowly lowering both of them so they sit on their knees. Merlin hugs him again and whispers in his ear.

"And I love you."