For Luck

Another sleepy writing one shot so beware

-----------

"I still don't get the appeal of bruising each other and fighting until one collapses."

"That's because you don't understand fun, Merlin."

"That isn't fun, dollophead, that's sadistic." Merlin says as he finishes putting his armor on. Arthur opens his mouth to retort but is interrupted by Gwen entering the tent.

"Hello, Gwenie!" Merlin says happily.

"Hey Merls, just here to wish Lancelot good luck." She says, giving a curtsy to Arthur and walking past to Lance.

"Hello m'lady." Lancelot says and gives her hand a kiss. Gwen blushes and bows her head for a moment before leaning up on her toes and giving him a kiss on the lips.

"For luck." She says and rushes out of the tent with a red face.

"Aww little Lancelot is blushing." Arthur mocks.

Merlin hits him, "Leave him alone!"

"Assaulting your king is treason, Merlin."

"Being an ass is against the knights code, Arthur."

Lancelot rolls his eyes as Arthur lunges after Merlin and gives his head a noogie.

"Ow! Owow! I'm sorry! Arthur!" Leon and Lancelot share a look as the two laugh and grin manically.

"That's what you get. Be thankful it's not the stocks!" He says jokingly.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. Here is your stupid sword."

"What, I don't get any luck?"

Merlin raises his eyebrows in accusation, "And here I thought you didn't need any luck." He says under his breath and before Arthur can yell at him Merlin gives him a mocking kiss on the forehead.

"Theres your luck, you cabbage head." Merlin misses the way Arthur's eyes widen to their fullest extent and the red flush on his cheeks that match his cape. "An idiot, wanting luck because Lancelot got some affection." He scoffs as he exits the tent.

"Awww little Arthur is blushing." Lancelot says and the other knights laugh as Arthur snaps at him to shut up. They all pretend not to notice the way he touches his head where Merlin kissed him and instead start talking about the tournament ahead letting him have his moment.

Arthur tried not to think about how that was the fastest he had ever won a tournament and why that was because there was no way a simple mocking kiss from Merlin made him that much better, expecially because he really didn't need any luck.

----------------

Arthur was controlled enough to wait until he was out of council room to start stomping out of anger and huffing in annoyance.

"Sire." Merlin says, the familiar tone of insolense easing his annoyance slightly.

"What!" He says more aggressively than intended.

"Will you stop pacing for a second." Merlin orders rather than questions and grabs his wrist and pulls him away from the door more into an archway nearby.

"I give the orders around here."

"Of course, sire. Just take some deep breaths." He says completely disregarding what he was just told but instead of fighting that Arthur does what he says.

"Good. Now, take a couple more minutes to let your heart rate settle then you can go back in and finish, alright?"

"How! How can I possibly finish this treaty when we don't seem to be able to come to any agreement?"