What's on your mind?

Roll with it. That was how I got through highschool. Rolling with it and winging it. Fake it till you make it was my motto since sophmore year.

------------------

Arthur bursts into Giaus's chamber, Merlin unconcious over his shoulder and the knights bustling in after him.

"What happened?"

"A sorcerer!" Leon answers quickly as Arthur gently sets Merlin down on the patient cot. "Merlin felt another sorcerer present in our camp when we were coming back from the river and when we entered the man was taken by surprise and the spell he was casting hit Merlin in the chest." He supplies helpfully since everyone else seems too occupied with staring at the unconcious warlock and willing him to wake.

"Did anyone hear what they were casting?"

Everyone shook their head but Percival pipes up, "It sounded like they were casting a spell before we arrived. I don't think it was meant for anyone...so maybe Merlin just hit his head from the wind of the blast and is all right."

Arthur stares at Giaus hopefully but the old physician simply lifts Merlin's eyelid and examines his pupils; he gets up and paces not caring that he is showing just how concerned he is. The knights cast him a glance and know that when, if, Merlin wakes he will pretend he didn't bat an eye and that he was 'just worried about losing his first ever court sorcerer and he didn't want to have to find another one.' They have heard that banter before and they all desperately pray to hear Merlin's witty voice reply, 'Lazy ass prat.'

Giaus stands up and sighs, "I think he will be alright." The whole room seems to sigh in relief as the words leave his mouth, Arthur's shoulders visably loosening. "Though, I can't be sure if a spell was cast on him or not, there is no signs of him being stuck in a magical sleep or curse but if it was as Sir Percival suspected the sorcerer could have been trying to cast a spell upon themselves; make themselves invisible or turn into a wolf at will. We will have to wait till he awakes to learn more."

Arthur clears his throat and looks regally at Giaus, "When do you suppose that is? Just because he is no longer a servent doesn't mean he does not have work to do." Elyan rolls his eyes at Gwaine from behind Arthur's back because everyone in the room knows the king well enough to know the real meaning behind that sentence.

"Should be awake by the morning, Sire."

"Good. Good. We have those magical allys that we need to get treatys worked out with so tell him to come straight to my chambers."

"Yes, my lord." Arthur sweeps out of the room after one last glance at Merlin's sleeping form and the knights share an exasperated look with Giaus.

--------------------

"All these herbs that I need and yet these hips are not what they used to be. I need a new apprentice, honestly if I wasn't so proud of Merlin I would be very mad at him for leaving me to do this all by myself again."

Merlin opens his eyes and chuckles at Giaus's ramblings. He usually isn't an out loud thinker but there had been days when Merlin had to leave the house all together to get some peace and quiet. He sighs at the soreness in his chest and wonders how long he can get away with laying here.

"I know you are awake."

"Let me sleep."

"No, Arthur wants you to go to his chambers immediately." Giaus says, "To work on 'treatys and magical allys'." he mumbles in amusement and Merlin ignores him. He doesn't have the time to ask what he meant he needs to get dressed and get to Arthur's quickly before he throws a tantrum.