Chapter 76

"He would never do that to me," said Mr Kim.

"It's the truth, he's already done it," said his lawyer.

Mr Kim sat back in shock. This was the last thing he thought could happen. His lawyer stood up and placed an empathetic hand on his shoulder. Looking up with sad eyes, Mr Kim stretched an arm around and held on to his friend's support.

Chungha walked up to the others ominously. Aron and Ren gave each other wide eyes while the rest stood dumbfounded. They knew Jennie's car wasn't in the front, which seemed to becoming the norm lately. Though the outcome was obvious, they watched in silence as Chae continued to walk to the main house each afternoon.

"She wasn't there," said Chungha.

"Are you sure? Did you check the fields?" asked Rena

"Yes I did and there was no sign of her," said Chungha.

"Maybe something happened?" said Jiequong but Ren shook his head.

"Doubt it," he said.

"Well where is she then?" asked Jiequong but Ren shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm sure she'll come back," said Mingyu.

"She's never been gone this long," said Jiequong.

"Especially since we didn't see Jennie's car today," added Rena.

"Relax, I'm sure she's fine," said Ren and picked up his tools again.

"Yeah, Mr Kim's car road off in a hurry earlier. Maybe he took her somewhere," theorised Aron. Accepting his explanation they quietly returned to work and hoped that Chae was alright.

"It's him again," said Kai as he waved the phone.

"Let it ring," smirked V.

"This is like the fifth call. Have you checked your phone?" asked Kai and V took it out. Smirking further he saw that he'd had six missed calls from his father. He nodded his head.

"We should hear what he has to say," smiled Kai as his phone stopped ringing.

"Why? Let's make him sweat a little more," chuckled V.

"Alright then," smiled Kai but as he sat back they saw V's phone light up. He grinned while shaking the phone.

"Why not," they laughed and V answered aware that his father had no leverage what's so ever.

"Why?" asked Mr Kim as he heard his son's voice.

"Dad I don't know what you're talking about?" said V.

"You think I'm a fool don't you?" said Mr Kim.

"Dad, are you alright? You sound dreadful," said V teasingly.

"I raised you boy!" said Mr Kim in frustration.

"Maybe that's why I did what I did," said V seriously.

"Have I not done my best for you," said Mr Kim in defeat. He could not fathom his son's betrayal.

"No Dad, you didn't" said V and the silence pierced. Mr Kim looked down blankly and placed the phone in his pocket. Head in hands, he wondered what he had done to deserve this from his own flesh and blood.