Chapter 93

"Jen."

Standing off to the side she smiled as the brunette continued sleeping. She walked back to the kitchen and placed water in to the kettle. Watching it boil, she lost herself in what she hoped wasn't her imagination.

Her heart beat rapidly remembering what Jennie had said. Clutching her chest softly, she forced her breathing to slow. A click sound interrupted her thoughts and she made her cup of coffee. Walking towards the back, she admired the night sky.

The tall shadows stretched out gnawingly across the garden. Sitting down on a step, Chae warmed up her hands as steam escaped the cup. The air stuck to her like a cold glove but she didn't mind. There was something peaceful about this place. Sipping her coffee, she finished it quickly.

Standing up, she closed her eyes and took in the air once more. The door closed easily and she returned the cup to the kitchen. Surprised to find the bed empty, she checked the bathroom too. Picking up her pace she headed towards the front.

Scrunching her eyebrows, she moved towards the open door with quiet footsteps. Chae stopped a few steps behind the brunette. She saw that the older woman had covered herself with the one of the covers. Curiously her shoulders were trembling and Chae assumed it was because of the coldness.

"Jen."

Whipping around, her breath hitched as she ran to the taller woman. Chae caught her as desperate arms wrapped around her neck. Jennie held on tightly as Chae tried to prevent the cover from slipping down. Letting go, she wrapped the blanket tighter around the brunette and gazed up with a small smile. It quickly disappeared as she saw the other woman's face.

"What's wrong baby?" she placed soft hands on her face and wiped the wetness away.

"I thought you left me," said Jennie as she stepped closer to Chae.

"How?' giggled Chae as she pulled Jennie in to a hug while placing soft lips against her cheek.

"I don't know. You just weren't next to me," whimpered Jennie against Chae's chest. Feeling her body shake, Jennie looked up and saw Chae laughing. Seeing the pout on her face the taller woman stopped with a smile.

"You're really compulsive, you know," she said and stared deeply in to brown eyes.

"But I love you anyway," she leaned in closer and placed a kiss on Jennie's lips.

Unresponsive, Chae leaned back and saw that Jennie was wide eyed. Smiling she gave her another kiss. Awakened this time, Jennie deepened the kiss and stopped with a soft peck. She looked at Chae longingly and kissed her again.

"I love you too," she said before digging her face in to Chae's shoulder.

Placing a hand behind Jennie's head, Chae massaged lightly. They hugged as their heartbeats paced incoherently. Chae's scent overwhelmed her and Jennie tried to snuggle up further. Feeling a chilly breeze, the taller woman bent down and picked the brunette up. Like honeymooners, Jennie allowed herself to be carried bridal style and reached up to grab a taste of Chae's lips. As they entered the bedroom, the cover slipped off Jennie's body and Chae was grateful for the extra assistance.