Chapter 123

"Is it deep?" asked Jimin. Shaking her head, Chae waved her arms.

"Na, look I'm standing," she twirled around.

"Yeah but you're taller than me," he huffed.

"Just get in," she urged. Jimin dipped his toes in to the spring but quickly took out his foot.

"It's cold."

"No it's not."

"Yes it is.

"Naaah."

"Aahah."

"Naaaah," Chae shook her head.

"Aaahaah," Jimin stamped his foot.

Noona placed her hands on Jennie's cheeks and the brunette blew them up for her. Getting a happy reaction, she released the air and blew them up again. Noona smiled and placed her hands down again. Laughing, Jennie moved her to her lap.

She turned to say something but saw that Sowon's eyes were focused on the siblings. Jimin looked a little red in the face while Chae seemed to be making her way out of the water. They had a heated discussion for afew minutes before Chae grabbed his hand.

Leading her brother in to the water, they made their way to the other wall. When they reached it they sat down and soon after it appeared they were cracking jokes with each other. Jimin released a roar of a laugh as Chae splashed some water at him. Sowon shook her head.

"What the fuck," she said.

"Are they always like that?" asked Jennie

"Yeah, pretty much. He'll never admit it but he missed her the most," said Sowon.

"Mmm. When he called Chae was so happy talking about it. Like she lit up."

"They really care about each other..." Sowon's sentence sounded unfinished. Taking off her sunglasses Jennie saw the tiredness on her face.

"How are you So?"

Turning towards her, So smiled sadly. Noona was still, apparently also interested to hear her mom's answer. Jennie picked her up and moved them closer to Sowon.

"You want the truth?"

"Lay it on me," said Jennie and took a peak at the spring. Jim and Chae looked like they were in their own world.

"Truthfully Jen I'm so exhausted. And I'm worried, Jim he's," she shook her head.

"He's what?"

"I can't explain. He acts up, gets agitated and stuff. How do I say," she tried finding the words.

"You know about their dad?" Jennie nodded her head.

"Well, over the years he's displayed the same type of behaviour. But it's been getting worse lately. I don't know, sometimes Chae is really the only one that can calm him down."

"I see,how has it been this past week?"

"Pretty on and off. But Chae told me earlier she's gonna talk to him or something," Sowon threaded her fingers through her hair as she looked at the spring. Jennie could sense there was more to it all. But it seemed more like Sowon couldn't find the words rather than not wanting to talk about it.