Chapter 80

Handing her a drink, Mr Kim sat down sipping on his own. Chae let the bitter taste coarse down her throat. It was disgustingly strong and she liked it that way. They heard some voices outside but paid no attention to it. Looking off, she sighed deeply.

"What happened?" asked Mr Kim

"Why don't you start," said Chae as she took another sip.

"I don't know how," said Mr Kim softly.

"Neither do I," shrugged Chae. Staring they caught the despondency in the other's eyes and the sadness of it all felt so overwhelming. Chae found herself begin to laugh and Mr Kim joined her.

"You look the way I feel," she giggled.

"I know," he laughed.

"How terrible," she sat back with a small smile.

"Ahh Chae, what can we do yeah," he chuckled as he took a sip. They each sat quietly stewing in their own thoughts before they heard a knock on the door. The knob turned and they saw Teddy's face.

"Hello," he grinned and they greeted him warmly.

"I thought you might be here," he said speaking to Chae, "the others were worried as to where you went off to."

"Ah yes, I asked Chae for some assistance," said Mr Kim, " it took longer than expected."

"No worries, everyone had thought as much. Anyway we're ready to leave. Came to fetch Chae," he said.

"Oh, well, we aren't finished yet. You can go, we'll get Chae home," smiled Mr Kim.

"You sure?" asked Teddy looking at Chae as she nodded.

"Yes, it won't be a problem," said Mr Kim and with that Teddy bid them farewell.

"So, where were we?" said Mr Kim as he urged Chae to tell him her story.

Jennie tried calling Chae once more as she watched the trucks leave. She hadn't been able to see everyone but knew that somehow the younger woman must have got out. Her head was buzzing with everything that happened and she cursed at acting so immaturely.

The number went to voicemail again and she decided to leave a short message. Texting her as well, Jennie pleaded for forgiveness and asked to meet with her. Feeling another wave of tears she wanted to crawl in to her own skin and disappear.

Her entire room was still bathed in what occurred. She could still hear her voice ringing with anger when she shouted at the younger woman. Feeling weak, she moved towards her bed and covered herself up. The blankets were drenched in the younger woman's scent. Right now this was the closest thing she had to being with Chae again and she was desperate to take anything she could get.