Prologue

I floated from thought to thought. That’s all I ever do now days, but it was better than looking at the alternative. I had been dead for over a year now, and I have been watching over most of the Milky Way Galaxy.

‘Well there isn’t much else that I can do,’ I thought to myself, ‘I have already checked on Ralsco, and made sure that Earth and Angalifa were safe. There isn’t much else I can do for now.’

That’s when I saw a shift in the peace that surrounded the galaxy. I don’t know why it bothered me so much, but I guess that there was going to be something quite large was going to happen.

That’s when I felt a tug at my soul. I pulled aside the layers of clouds that surrounded Earth and watched as Maria, Anna, Josh, Joseph, Ginny, and Dragono made their way towards an airport on a small city island.

I watched as a squad of troops tried to get to them, but were diverted, cornered and stopped at several points along their journey, and there was nothing I could to help them.

“Wait, there is one thing that I could do….” I said out loud.

I quickly went to my body on Angalifa, before I blacked out.

*-*-*-*

I was running alongside Cole, or rather he was running alongside me. We were heading towards a Hovercraft with the Shadowflame Emblem on it. The red flames on a black paint job were used to resemble Dragono’s scales.

The emblem its self was the same as the scar that every Death Rider had. It but this time, it was Dragono by himself, surrounded by the crackling purple fire lightening that he could produce.

As we got inside, I heard a voice on the radio. I didn’t pay any attention to it; instead I made sure that my F16 Assault Rifle was functioning correctly. When I was finished I noticed that everyone was watching what was happening out front.

“Son of a bitch,” I heard Stephen say, his English accent evident even to me.

What I saw, I could only say the same as the British Sniper. I was started to ask myself if I was actually awake.

*-*-*-*

“At approximately eighteen hundred yesterday,” I said, as news reporters stood in front of me, “the Sol Security Defence Grid picked up a disturbance in Hyperspace. This is followed at twenty two hundred with Russia coming under attack from an insect like race of aliens.

“At zero-one hundred this morning, we received reports from Russian forces that they were being devastated by these invaders. One hour later, the United States of America fell under attack from the same race.

“We have not heard back from Russian forces and at oh-seven-thirty, we lost contact with the US government. Their situation is unknown, as is the situations of countries all over the globe.

“But the one thing that we do know is that we are the last country that hasn’t fallen to these alien invaders. We will not lose New Zealand.”