A strange Encounter, and Stranger Tablet

It had been three days since Blaze and I had encountered Anna’s frozen powers; and I had suggested that Blaze help Anna come to grips with the power that now resides within her.

Or had always been there, like the silky voice had said; that is what disturbed me the most. It had said quite clearly that it had been there when Anna had been conceived. What did that mean though?

‘The more I think about this kinda shit,’ I thought to myself, ‘the more I realise that my life is so simple.’

That’s when I saw the alert signal from the ER defence grid. I couldn’t make anything out because of how primitive the technology appeared and felt. It was almost sluggish in comparison to both the Angel’s own detection system, or even the DSs’ own spy satellite network.

“Uh, Delpha, I am picking up a really weird signal that I can’t make out,” spoke one of the three techies that were pulling the skeleton shift for tonight.

I walked over to the screen that the techie was looking at, and did a quick scan of all of the information, before I gasped in surprise. Well, gasp isn’t exactly the right word to describe the action that I performed; but it was what an organic being would have done in my place.

“I don’t know what it supposed to be,” the technician stated quietly, “But by cross-referencing the signals with already recorded signals I might be able to figure out…”

I tuned out the sound of the Techies’ voice as I studied the view of three massive warships and several smaller warships surrounding them. I let out a metaphorical breath as I recognised the massive warships.

“Uh, Delpha, I am picking up an incoming signal from the enemy,” the Techie said, “I am rerouting it to the ER transmissions systems…”

“Don’t bother because they have come to us,” I breathed, “They have come to us, and are hailing us specifically. If it is needed to tell the ER, then we will contact them. But if it isn’t, then this will stay within DS records.”

“Okay. I’m rerouting the signal to all DS ships in orbit,” the techie said, “But the transmission is so heavily encrypted that I can’t…”

“It’s not encrypted,” I replied, “It’s being transmitted in another language.”

“Whatever is going on with the transmission,” the techie explained his voice barely audible, “It’s clearing up.”

“Defenders of Earth, this is the Klanoat Federation Satellite Control and Command Ship Defender,” a voice spoke, “My name is Traika Skatelson, and my forces and I are here to offer our allegiance to the Force that swore to defend all Humanity and life.

“We require a place to dock and hide our fleet first though, as The Dark One wasn’t too pleased with us taking one of his few Capital Fleets with our separation. Once you have provided us such a position, we shall be in a much better place to negotiate our terms for the alliance.”

With that, the transmission went dead. I looked at the other two technicians in the room, and sighed in confusion.

‘Why the hell would the Klanoats want to help us?’ I thought to myself, before telling Blaze, ‘We have a small situation that requires diplomatic manners…do you think you could grab Maria and meet me in Surface-to-Shipyard Tube Seventeen?’

‘Alright then Delpha,’ was the reply, ‘Anna is coming as well though…her abilities are…’

‘Erratic?’ I asked.