Chapter 8

Derek's POV
I raked my hands through my hair. I was frustrated, so frustrated. The board meeting which was scheduled for an hour was getting into its third hour right now. All I wanted to do was walk out and go home to Aria. But she was still pretty mad at me. She didn't let me touch her she barely talked to me and I had been sleeping on the couch for the past two days. Who would have thought that a woman would tell Derek Martin what to do. But it was happening and all I wanted was to feel her warmth again. Today was Wednesday and she was still as mad as she was on Sunday. Hell, she refused my apology last night during dinner, excusing herself after I said I was sorry. Theo had grinned and made a nasty comment about women ruling our lives.

"sir" the junior manager called for my attention "you seem to be lost in thought. I'd love to run the idea by you again " he said.

I stood, adjusting my blazer "this meeting is over". I met Cyrus by the door, an annoying smile on his lips "you've been this gloomy since Sunday when you came in. Care to spill ".

I walked to my office, with him beside me "it's Aria".

He stopped at once making me stop too "you need to patch things up with her bro".

"how am I to do that when she won't even talk to me" I threw my hands in the air. "roses" he winked my way "nothing goes wrong with a bunch of roses ".

"hey beautiful " I said when I got home. I found her out by the pool, in a green one piece bikini, reading a book. She eyed me, before giving her undivided attention to the book. "look what I got you" I announced happily, pulling the bunch of pink roses from behind me.

She looked at the flowers, then to me "give those to your company " she stood, shoving me aside.

"I'm sorry mi amor" I pleaded, holding her hands. "Derek stop" she tried to wiggle free.

"please Aria" I brushed stray strands from her face. How I missed touching her.

"will you sleep in and then have a late breakfast with me then we can go somewhere for an early date? " she cocked her head.

Sweet Jesus. As inviting as that sounded, I couldn't. I still had to finish the meeting I adjourned today.

"Aria, I can't do that" I explained.

She shoved my hands aside, freeing her hands from mine. "save the apology Derek, I don't need one" and with that she stormed off, leaving me standing there, stunned.

I walked into the house and went straight into our room. I found her sitting on the bed, under the covers, reading. I knew she wasn't engrossed in the book, she was avoiding me.

"dearest " I walked up to her, sitting beside her. She didn't give me so much as a passing glance. When I touched her arms, she glared at me.

"do you have a death wish? " she asked sternly.

"I'm here now, aren't I? "

"leave Derek " she warned "or I will".

Rather obediently, I stood up and went out if the room. Seems like I'd be having a long lonely nights in one of the spare rooms.

Aria's POV
I was so mad at him. When he brought the roses. I was actually happy, until he dropped the bomb on me.

I tossed and turned all through the night, just wanting to be in the comfort of his arms. I really missed our long talks and make out sessions.

But he had to create time for me too. If we are gonna make this work, I have to fit into his schedule. I will not take what I get - night time, before he rolls out of bed again before sunrise. He will make time for me or he'll have to forfeit. There was no two ways about it.