Chapter 18

As promised, my shout outs;

@Nishaprasad
@marygrace010891
@user36219215
@Dumebi10
@fatma8756
@qween_debs
@kaylamadkiff1
@Iqahhx
@esthyque
@zara_hamerdson
my biggest shout out goes to my first friend here on wattpad and my biggest supporter and that one girl who pushed me to write;
HANIYAH_C0C0

And lastly, my shout out goes to Wattpad for giving me the opportunity to write and put my name out there.

So without further ado, let's dive in.

Aria's POV
All I wanted to do was punch the smirk off his face. He has been teasing me for about five minutes now.

"Stop it, its not funny" I warned, with a smile. Truth was, he made me happy right now, made me forget it had been a month since I left Derek.

"At least talk to him!" Garrett's tune turned to one laced with worry.

"Don't go there" I warned him, my eyes throwing daggers at him.

"He's my brother you know and you need him now, more than ever" he explained.

"And remind me why I need him" I said, sipping my tea.

"Cause the baby is due in what?... Three months?" He said "believe me when I say it's hard when Maddy and I raise a baby. If it's bad enough for two to raise a baby, imagine one...with no experience".

I rolled my eyes, although I knew he was right "well, my dad didn't know the first thing about raising a child, and he did great with me".

"Your mum died when you were nine" he reminded me "were talking about an infant who can't do a thing for itself".

"Well I have you guys so I'll be fine" I said, playing with the hem of my dress.

He put his hand over my own to stop me from trying to distract myself "Six o'clock at grangeview restaurant. He'll be waiting" Garrett said with a small smile as he stood up. I stood with and he gave me a hug, followed by a kiss on my forehead "please at least go hear him out. Your silence is driving him nuts".

As soon as Garrett left, I went into my room and took a shower and changed into my cozy shorts and a grey shirt. I sat on the bed and picked my phone from the dresser where it was at.

5:45pm

"I'm not going" I said to my guilty conscience.

"Oh who am I kidding,I'm gonna be restless if I don't go" I said to myself as I walked to my closet. It wasn't a walk in closet like the one Derek and I shared,it was a normal sized closet which didn't do justice to just the clothes I brought with me a month ago. I was too scared to face him or Sally since the divorce that I didn't go back for my remaining belongings still at his house.

I flipped hanger after hanger until I came across a peach dress I had bought just last week. It was a fitted dress with a low cleavage and stopped a little above my knee and I didn't care if I was pregnant, I was gonna slay throughout.

I slipped into the dress and paired it with Chanel sandals and added a trenchcoat cause it was a little chilly today.

I didn't bother to apply makeup, I just picked my phone and car keys and slipped my ATM card into my trenches pocket.

Grangeview restaurant had a homey feel and that was one of the reasons I loved it so much and Derek was well aware of that.

As I got out of the car and handed my keys over to valet, I spotted him. He was sitting on one of the tables outside, under an umbrella as the sun rays whipped through his deshelved hair.