Chapter 12

Derek's POV
  She stared at herself for a while at her vanity. She touched her hair over and over and even took a fistful,tugging at it.
  "What's wrong mi amor" I asked from where I sat, in bed. She sighed in frustration, walking to her side of the bed. Without so much as a word she went under the sheets, sighing again.

  "Aria Montgomery Martin" my voice was tender as it was commanding "what's the matter".

She sat up and stared at me, long and hard "I wanna dye my hair" she said suddenly. I expected something else entirely but I decided to listen. Pulling her close, my breath fanned her neck as I listened.
   "I thought you loved your blonde hair?" I questioned,softly running my fingers through it.
"I do" she sighed warily "but you dont".

"What?" My eyes popped from my sockets "of course I love your hair, I love all of you,every single cell of you".

"I watched the entertainment news today" she was now facing me "and it was about you".
   I looked at her with a puzzled expression "you wanting to dye your hair,me hating your hair and you watching the entertainment news today just doesn't add up" .
   She looked at me through glassy eyes "do you hate blondes so much that you've never dated so much as one?" She questioned.

Now I understood where she was coming from. It was my turn to sigh "I never hated blondes,I always thought they were clique and that's it".

  She looked down at the bed underneath us "so I'm just another clique girl to you" she questioned "blonde,rich and dumb?"
   I cupped her cheeks in my hand "no. no. no. no. no" I deadpanned "you're anything but that and I dont think you're clique".
  She looked up at me and hugged my neck "I just wanna be perfect for you Derek, only for you".
  I hugged her back "I dont need you to be perfect Aria, I need you to be you cause if you were perfect, you wouldn't be mine".

  She giggled as she pulled away, swatting my arm "oh Derek" she whispered "where have you been all my life". "Stuck in board meetings, trying to get away from the ladies" I smirked at her.

  She pushed me away and gave me a scowl "jerk" she muttered, lying against the pillows.
I  edged towards her and smiled at her "I love you my princess".

"Leave me alone Derek" she smiled, then turned away.

"Tell me you love me Mrs Martin" I rested my head at the crook of her neck.
  "Ahhhhh" she screamed "I love you Derek Martin".
  "And I love you too, blonde hair and all".

  She giggled and sat up "and what if I still wanted to be a Brunette?". I examined her face for awhile before kissing her forehead, then her hair "I can't heart you less Bambi".

Arias POV

I rubbed my eyes with my palms steadily as I got out of bed. That husband of mine, he was a real piece of work. I took a long shower and changed into blue ripped jeans, a white puma work out bra and Hubby's grey jacket. I did my hair in a quick ponytail and picked up my purse.
  I was already at the door when it swung open,revealing a handsome Derek in a white blazer,black shirt underneath and black pants. He had his phone to his ear and a scowl on his face.
  "I do not like delays" he said, clearly annoyed. Oh crap, he was in one of those moods. I knew better than to cross him today, or at the very least, stand here for another second.
  I started to walk to the door when I felt him pull me back, till my chest collided with his. "Morning beautiful" he mouthed with a smile before the scowl returned "listen here, if I don't get what I asked for by the end of today, I'll run your business so far down into the ground, even Lucifer will have to dig deeper underground just to purchase from you".
   He sighed and said "well that's better, I'll be expecting it on our usual agreement right?" then he waited a bit before adding "its a pleasure doing business with you".