Chapter 16

Derek's POV
    I clicked my cufflinks in one swift motion as I stared at myself in the mirror. It was already half past six o'clock on Friday. I knew Tirana would be waiting for me desperately and I didn't care. It was enough that she dragged my ass to Paris just so she could sign a bunch of papers that transferred ownership back to me, but I'd be damned if I let her feel I was here for another reason.

My phone beeped in my pants. I pulled it out and when I saw the caller ID, my lips formed into a smile.

"You said you'd call me back" she whined.

"I just got out of the shower mi amor" I informed her.

"I miss you Derek" she admitted "its so weird here at home without you walking in and slamming the door. And I woke up this morning without your arms wrapped around me"

"I'll be home tomorrow mi amor" I said softly "how's my baby doing?"

"It has me stressed out" she informed me.

I laughed and said "I'll be late for my meeting Aria. I'll talk to you later" I said.

"Okay. Take care Derek" she said in a solemn voice.

"Hey" I said at once before she hung up "I love you"

I could almost feel her smiling from the other end of the phone line "I know" she responded and hung up immediately.

As if on cue, Cyrus walked into my suite "are you ready?" He asked.

"I am. Now let's go get that bitch out of my life for good".

It was a twenty minute drive from the hotel we were staying to the restaurant. Cyrus, being my back up man, drove us there and waited in the car while I went into the restaurant and Tirana signed the papers.

I walked into the restaurant and as if on cue, the receptionist smiled at me "evening Mr Martin, Miss Tirana is over here" she said as she led me into the establishment and into the private area.

There was just a table here and the walls were painted a dark shade of red, the light in the chandelier burning low and candles lit on the table.

I could see her sitting by the table already, and although she backed me, I knew that black hair anywhere in the world.

As I strolled to where she was, she stood and turned to face me. She adorned her skin with a black dress which was strapless and had a high slit. She had dark red lipstick on and had a smokey eye.

"Derek Martin" she said as she trailed a finger down my blazer "its always good to see you"

I rolled my eyes and played along "and you too Tirana".

I walked to the chair at the other end of the table and sat.

"So, what do you think about the restaurant?" She said proudly.

"Its nice" I said bluntly but she smiled none the less "I opened it just over a month ago".

I nodded. This was taking longer than I expected but this was Tirana and everybody knows she loves to play games.

"When do we sign the documents Tirana?" I blurted out.

She laughed as if I told the joke of the century "ever impatient Derek" then she smiled again "not until we have dinner".

"Stop this Tirana. Stop the games. Where are the papers?" I asked.

She motioned for the glass of champagne in front of me "drink Derek. Let's drink to the good old days " she said picking up her own champagne flute. I rolled my eyes but stood my ground "we toast then we get the hell outta here!"