Chapter 21

Derek's POV
       I groaned in frustration as a catalog was put in my line of vision for the uptenth time this morning.

     "Centre pieces" Jade said, reminding me I was needed back on earth "I was thinking either we do the rose gold vases" she tapped the picture on the catalog "or this royal blue right here" she said.

    I groaned again "seems like you're putting you're degree as an events manager to good use" I commented sarcastically, but she only rolled her eyes and continued to speak "those are the two options I've narrowed it down to so you need to make up you're mind so I can order them right away. You're getting married in four days Derek".

    Who knew planning a wedding would be so much work. Since the proposal, I barely had enough time to breathe. Jade was constantly down my throat, nagging me about invitations and venues.

    The invitations had been handed out yesterday, to close friends and relatives, all summing up to eighteen guests. Aria had emphasized on having a small wedding, far from the press and later having the pictures swarm the internet, leaving people guessing. Leave it to her to be cocky. Plus she had also said our first wedding was far from intimate with guests closing on almost two hundred. She really wanted an intimate solemnization and I was gonna give it to her the second time around.

And as far as the venue went, we decided yo have it right here in New York, since Aria wouldn't be able to travel due to the baby coming in a little more than a month from now. We were gonna be having it in a little private garden in the Hamptons. Enough for a small crowd, intimate and romantic...everything Aria wanted.

   " Derek, are you listening?" Jade snapped her fingers, bringing me back to reality.

    "Why can't Aria do this instead?" I groaned, frustrated.

     "Cause she's at fountain bespoke bakes to order the cake and  then she's gotta go pick out her wedding dress" she reminded me "so focus".

    "We got engaged on Saturday and you've been breathing down my throat since. You dragged us to see samples for invitation cards on Sunday morning" I complained.

     "And I delivered them yesterday you bozo so you're welcome for me getting everything done in three days" she spanked my forehead.

    "Get the rose gold" I said, not bothering to look at the pictures.

     I didn't care if it was red or white or even a rainbow coloured centrepiece, all I wanted was to say 'I do' to the woman I loved, the woman who was carrying my baby.

    I jumped in relief  when my phone beeped in my pocket. I pulled it out and answered, holding it to my ear. "I received an invitation this time huh?" It was Sara. I smiled "of course you get and invitation. And I expect you to honour it".

    "Of course I'll be there. Tell Jade the IV's looks breathtaking".

    "Will do" I said, glancing over at where  she sat to see the glare she had on her face.

     "Bye" she said sweetly before hanging up.

    I turned to Jade "Sara said the IV looks breathtaking. She smiled and flipping her hair, said "someone who appreciates my talent".

     Just then, Sally walked in, holding two dresses. One in Burgundy and a yellow one.

    "Which one?" She said, holding them up for us to access.

   "That one" jade and I blurted out, pointing at the burgundy.

    "Are you going somewhere?" I asked, cringing my eyes to throw in more suspicion.

   "It's for the wedding silly. These are the only decent dresses I can wear to such an event".

  Jade looked at me and we both nodded, then standing, we looped our hands with each of Sally's, dragging her to the door.

   "What's going on?" She asked, dazed.

   "We're taking you shopping" we said in unison.

Arias POV
      "I'm scared" I finally admitted to Dawn and Paige.

    "Of what exactly?" Paige asked, putting hand over mine.

    "Of trying on my dress" I said, as we sat in the waiting room.

   "What?" Paige said why Dawn asked why.

   "I'm pregnant. My body is not as great as it used to be" I replied, my head held low.

    "You're body is great no matter what and you could be a hundred pounds in you're dress and it wouldn't matter to Derek cause he loves you for you" Dawn said, taking my hand in hers.

    "Thanks" I wrapped my arms across both their shoulders.

   "Miss Montgomery, please this way" a Lady with red hair and a bright smile said, leading us into a display room.

     We sat on the three sitter couch and she turned to be "any specifics?".

    I gave her a loop sided  grin "elegant".

    Four dresses later and I was already frustrated trying dresses.

     I walked out in  the fifth, an off the shoulder mermaid dress that itched at the shoulders and was anything but comfortable.

    I walked to the elevated podium that had mirrors.

     "I'm not sure, I like the first one best" Paige admitted, shaking her head as she took the dress in.

    "Try something else please" Dawn groaned.

   I turned to the sales assistant "can we get anything in Ivory, white ain't my vibe this time round".

   Dawn sat up, interested "if you'll throw away the whole ceremonial white dress and opt for something else, I'd suggest blush pink" she advised "it always did look on you".

    "How about that one?" I pointed at a dress on a manikin. It was a light shade of dusty periwinkle and the top had been embellished with silver. It flowed easily from the mid stomach down and I bet it would be wonderful to dance in.

    "Well go put it on" Paige urged.

    "Uh Miss Montgomery, you mentioned a budget earlier on and I'm afraid that dress is almost twice you're budget".

    I went to my purse and pulled out a card "well we have nothing to worry about" I waved it in the air "cause we've got Derek Martin's platinum express card".

   Dawn suggested I was blindfolded for this one, so I put on the dress without seeing a thing and was aided out of the dressing room and into the waiting/display room, bumping into everything on my way there.

   Dawn and the sales assistant helped me up the podium while Paige filmed us, for reasons best known to her. From the gasps I heard when I was led out, I had a feeling I looked horrid in this dress.

   "Are you ready" Paige asked, excited.

    "I guess so" I huffed,ready for the worst.

   They pulled the blindfold off my face and I looked in the mirror, before a gasp left my lips. I looked beautiful. It made me feel like a bride again, without necessarily needing a white dress.

    "Think we've found it?" Dawn asked, wiping off the tears from my cheeks.

   I nodded, hugging her. I couldn't wait to walk down the aisle in this dress to meet the man I loved.

     Don't forget to comment, vote and share.
😘😘