Chapter 9

Aria's dress for the event above 👆

Derek's POV
I held her hand as we made it into the grand hall. We were immediately greeted by my mum and dad. Mum looked ten years younger, thanks to the little vacation she and dad took almost three weeks ago. Dad on the other hand looked happy. His wife was happy, he was happy. Wish the same could be said about I and Aria. She blatantly refused to speak to me since the breakfast in bed incident exactly a week ago. I had tried it all, flowers, chocolate, jewelry, more flowers, she had a thick skin, as I was slowly learning.

Tonight though, she looked radiant, in the light blue dress she wore. She had her hair in a French braid just like I liked it and wore light make up.

"... Derek dear" my mum cut into my train of thought. I blinked almost immediately and turned to her. She held an amused smile "I asked you if you want I and this beautiful young lady over here" she gestured to Aria, who blushed, "to go get you something to drink?" she cocked her head.

I nodded "sure". As I let go of her hand, she went into mums. "we'll be back before you know it" mum grinned happily before she and Aria went over to the cocktail stand.

Here we were, at the announcement of Garrett's and Maddy's new addition to their family. This party was just so everyone would have a good time and an official announcement for the press.

"look at you" dad said to me with a grin "trouble in paradise right? " he asked, sipping his champagne. I nodded, adjusting my cuff links. "how did you know? " I inquired, not wanting to meet his gaze.

"that's the same look Garrett and I have whenever the boss gets angry".

I smiled. By boss, he meant their wives. So mum was a piece of work herself. And yet they always seemed so happy around each other. I didn't need to ask, I already knew where Aria and I were, the air was always toxic.

"so how do you do it? " I asked, keeping my eyes open for any blue dress or the silver one my mother wore.

"easy " dad wiggled his eyebrows "flowers, breakfast in bed, jewelry, a lovely date and her all time favorite, a new car".

I laughed at my frustration "dad, I've done almost everything on your list. She's tougher than she looks. Don't let her innocent face fool you ".

"did you try a Rolls? " he smirked. This old man here was teasing me. I gave him an annoyed look and he sighed.

"I don't know what issues you may have with her, but you gotta fix it soon or else, you'll be sleeping in the guest room".

"sorry to burst your bubble " I raked my hand through my hair "but that has been going on for a week now ".

He threw his head back and laughed so hard, tears began to flow.

Seems like I'll have to figure this one out on my own.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

She stared out the window, not wanting to look at me. This drive was probably the longest I have ever had mainly because the silence was too uncomfortable.

"baby" I began but she shut me out by humming.

"cmon Aria" I placed my hand on her thigh. She pushed my hand away like it was dirty. "say something " my voice sounded pathetic.

She looked to me, her features indifferent "take me home" she said and gave me a smile that didn't quite reach her eyes "now I said something ".

"please mi amor " I reached for her face but she pulled away rather quickly.

She didn't say anything else until we got home. She dashed out of the car and ran into the house.

When I got to the bedroom, my heart drummed in my chest. I squeezed the knob and found her, out of her dress, standing in nothing but white panties. Her breasts were so round and firm. If only I had a clue she wasn't wearing a bra earlier on. Sinful thoughts flooded my mind. Completely ignoring me, she gathered her dress and went into the closet. She emerged a minute later, wearing shorts and a cute Hello Kitty shirt.

She stood in front of me, folding her arms "so why are you here? ".

Oh God, I wanted to kiss her so bad but I decided to answer her instead "I have to change ".

She nodded, before walking into the bathroom, obviously to take off her makeup. I wanted so badly to follow her and have my way with her on the vanity, but I told myself I wasn't some sex crazed man.

Defeated, I changed my clothes and opted for grey shorts and a black Calvin Klein V-neck shirt before leaving the room and a very sexy Aria in it.

The next morning, I woke up with one thing in mind. Seek advice from someone who knew her best. Since her dad left town a week before, I settled for the next best thing.

As I jogged down the stairs, I found Aria dressed in a cleavage revealing smokey yellow top and black crazy jeans. She wore her signature red bottoms and had her hair flowing down freely. Damn, she looked so hot but that low cleavage bothered me so much.

"where are you off to " I asked her as I kissed Sally on the cheek.

"I'm going out" she replied, almost irritated.

"I can see that " I eyed her boobs hungrily.

"my eyes are up here you know " she snapped her fingers in front of me.

I looked back at her face, she was obviously annoyed now.

"where exactly are you off to" I demand now.

She shrugged "to get my hair and nails done" then she said in a hushed tone "not like my husband cares. He won't even notice even if I had a whole makeover ".

I opened my mouth to counter her but she waved her hand in front of me "I have to go now, say hi to your first love". By first love, I knew she meant Martin Tech.

I said good bye to Sally and my house guests who just got out of bed.

"hey Derek " Theo stopped me as I opened the door. I turned and faced him.

"just wanted to say thanks for giving us a place to stay and we also wanted to inform you that we found a place already so we'll be outta your hair within the week".

I congratulated them before leaving the house in such haste, it was as if I was running from something.

I met her at Sparks. It was one of the best restaurants here in New York. I ordered a light meal before turning to her.

"you gotta help me " I said desperately.

Dawn laughed, her eyes twinkling "what did you do? "

I explained everything to her and she folded her arms, shaking her head in disappointment "you are so doomed ".

I stabbed the crab in my plate with my fork "so what do I do ?".

"you know, when we were sixteen, I broke her favorite mix tape and she didn't talk to me for five weeks" then she sighed "that girl is a real piece of work, but I love her anyway ".

Then she finally leaned in, telling me to listen up.

When she was done talking, she smiled at herself.

"are you sure? " I asked, puzzled.

She winked at me "she won't know what hit her".

Please as always, don't forget to comment, vote and share. Help me promote my book. Thanks to all who have done it.
😘😘