Prologue

They both graduated University.

Jonah started his own company, which had a boom in their community. He was making enough money to support not only himself, but the man he returned to every night.

They had both changed.

Jonah has lighten the colour of his hair since the black was too sombre. Now it was a golden brown, and his navy eyes appeared a bit brighter these days. His muscles were still toned, built, and the only difference was he seemed much more tanned than before.

Tanning salon appointements were already booked in advance.

As for Kylan, his appearance had remained the same. Curly brown locks and bright blue irises that still caused Jonah to fall mesmerized in them. He had attempted to workout with Jonah, but Jonah's routines were too rigorous and difficult, hence why he decided to only run instead of lifting weights. His physique was skinnier than before, and Jonah only loved it even more.

Jonah waved at his secretary, and descended his building. He had created a life for both of them, and although Kylan wanted to work, he did not have to.

The perfect life they had.

Jonah returned to their condo, and when he opened the door, he was immediately caressed at the door by his son, Jacob.

He raised an eyebrow towards Ella, who approached the entryway as well, "He's here for the weekend?"

"Leah dropped him off, said she had things to do."

"But it's not my turn," he breathed quietly, hugging Jacob tightly and enclosing his ears with his palms.

Ella shrugged her shoulders, "I don't know, ask Kylan."

He lifted himself to his feet, and stepped around Ella, walking towards the kitchen to find Kylan washing the dishes.

As Jonah approached him, Kylan's eyes immediately brightened as he shut the water, dried his hands and jumped towards Jonah.

He attempted to kiss him, but Jonah weirdly dodged it, to which Kylan read as angry.

"What's wrong?"

"Jacob?" Kylan furrowed his brows even harder, "Why did Leah come drop off Jacob for the weekend?"

"It's your birthday this weekend, I wanted us to celebrate it together. Even Ella came to visit for it, and Bradley's coming tomorrow—"

"I already said I didn't want anything big," he hissed.

Kylan paused for a moment, before asking, "Why are you so mad? I just want your birthday to be fun."

"I thought it was only going to be you and I, and I didn't make plans to take care of a kid this weekend. How are any of us going to go out if there's a kid involved?"

"I didn't think you wanted to go out—"

"Think harder next time, Ky," he snapped, causing Kylan to roll his eyes and return to his dishes.

"You're being over dramatic."

"I'm being over dramatic?"

"If you want to go out that bad, then I'll take care of Jacob, like I always do anyway."

"What are you talking about—"

"Enough with the fighting, please?" Ella entered the kitchen, reaching into the fridge for pudding and glaring at both of them, "I don't care what you're angry about, but Jacob's here and you have to deal with it. You bickering about it isn't going to change anything."

Jonah shook his head, "Whatever." He leaned forward and placed a peck on the back of Kylan's neck, "I love you."

"Well you have an interesting way of showing it." He glanced over his shoulder, and when he noticed the saddened expression on Jonah's face, he chuckled and puckered his lips, "Come here."

Jonah enclosed their lips together for a short peck, until he felt his hormones begin to grow and reached around Kylan's waist.

"I love you too," Kylan whispered between another kiss.

Jonah smirked, his hands roaming a bit lower than Kylan had expected, "I know you do."

"Alright," Ella grabbed Jonah by the back of his suit, and pulled him away from Kylan, "Go talk to your son."

Jonah narrowed his eyes in her direction, "I still dislike you so much."

"Same goes to you."

"If it wasn't for Kylan," he said, walking away from the kitchen, "I wouldn't even allow you to come over."

Ella followed him to the living room, "Whine about it somewhere else."

Their life had been perfect.

The perfect little family that all they needed was each other.

"Then why did it turn out like this?" Dr. Greg asked quietly, placing his notepad on the table and folding his arms.

Jonah leaned back in his chair, a saddened look on his face as he sighed, "I don't know."

"When was the last time you both saw each other?" The therapist asked.

"Months ago. I've tried calling him but our conversations are really dry, as if we don't know each other anymore."

"Do you miss him?"

"I think about him everyday," Jonah's tone wobbled, and he turned away, but the therapist could see his eyes becoming teary. He inhaled sharply before quietly whispering, "I just...I want him back."

Tears flooded his eyes and it was too late to try and hold them back. He hid his face into his folded arms, Dr. Greg grabbing tissues and handing them to him. He believed Jonah to be hurting, since Jonah still wore his engagement ring.

"I want to go back to how things were," he sobbed, his chest beginning to hurt.

How did it turn out like this?