Ch. 4 - "I can't lose you either."

"How is he?"

"He's fine, he's with me," Ella replied to Jonah, glancing towards Kylan who was asleep in her bed. She sent a hand through her hair; it had been exhausting comforting Kylan as he sobbed for hours after the dinner with Jonah's parents.

From all he had told her, it had been a disaster and ended with them being on a break. Although Kylan obviously did not want to, he felt that it would be best for the both of them.

To which Jonah completely disagreed.

"Where are you staying?" she asked him.

"I'm staying at Bradley's for the night, and hopefully, if Kylan wants to, we can go home tomorrow."

She nodded her head, shutting the bedroom door and heading for the kitchen, "He's been really sad about the whole thing."

"I get that, but pushing me away is ridiculous."

"I understand, but just give him time."

"He'll find himself someone else, Ella," Jonah sighed stressfully, clenching the steering wheel tighter, "I'm scared of that."

"He's in love with you, Kylan has been with you for the past six years. A little break isn't going to change that."

"We've been fighting a lot more recently, about every little thing. I stay at work too long, or I talk to a girl the wrong way."

"And that can be fixed, every relationship goes through a phase like that."

Jonah shook his head, "Not us, Kylan and I were never like that before."

"It'll pass, just go to Bradley's and calm down. Kylan's asleep but I'll let you come tomorrow morning and you both can talk here."

"He's for sure going to avoid talking to me."

"Don't worry about that alright? Just come in the morning."

Jonah hung up afterwards, finally arriving to Bradley's, who was waiting for him at the front door. As he descended his vehicle, Bradley already had a beer in his hand, knowing that Jonah really needed one at this moment.

That night was one of the most depressive nights, for both of them. Kylan woke up grouchy, his eyes still teary as he lethargically dragged his feet to the kitchen. Then, as he slumped down on a seat, Ella greeted him next with a plate of pancake and eggs.

"Eat up," she smiled at him, seeing his saddened look not even brighten at the sight of pancakes. It made her frown, "At least act like it's exciting."

"Yay," he whispered quietly.

"Kylan, this situation can be solved. Just eat, shower and then relax for a bit. I promise you'll both be happy as you were before."

"You don't understand Ella," he shook his head, "we've been fighting a lot recently. A lot more than we used to—"

"Then talk to him about it."

"I don't want to talk to him, he was rude to me."

"And I've been rude to you before, and we still talked it out."

"Yea but you're my cousin—"

"Okay, I'm not arguing with you," she rolled her eyes and took a seat across from him, "we're eating and that's that."

Kylan did eat the food, and he didn't even question when the doorbell rang. However, when he saw the only face he did not want to see at the moment, he immediately stood to his feet with widened eyes.

Jonah's hair was still wet, meaning he had taken a shower and rapidly headed over.

"We need to go home, Ky." Kylan remained quiet for a moment, and Jonah added, "I have work in the morning."