Ch. 16 - "We were broken up!"

They never ended up talking about the pregnancy. Sam has to head to work afterwards and Kylan was extremely tired hat he ended up taking a nap on her couch. When he woke up, she was not there, and he decided to had a bit more of the wine, and it obviously ended with him being drunk in an empty condo.

He had not a clue what to do, but the thought of Jonah crossed his thoughts a few times, and a good idea that came into his mind, as he was waiting for Sam, was to check out his old condo.

He exited Sam's, and walked across the hall to Jonah's. The door was locked, but he had the key, and when he opened the door, he almost gagged from the smell. The trash surely had not been taken out ever since he left, and the nasty dishes in the sink were not of any aid. There were piles of papers and clothes everywhere, and the kitchen was a straight mess.

Everything was out of order; the couch was crooked, a few decorations had fallen and the glass pieces were still on the ground. Even the clock had the wrong time, since it often changed and Kylan reset it every time. He headed for the fridge, and there were two things for groceries; milk and eggs. It almost made him laugh at all the boxes of takeout that were around the place. Jonah knew how to cook, and Kylan wondered why he didn't.

As he headed for the bedroom, he was shocked. The bed had not been made, piles of dirty clothes everywhere, and he must have been looking through his drawers since there were clean clothes mixed with them as well. He did feel his stomach turn when four different coloured thongs laid amongst the clothes, but inhaled sharp breath. And oh my god, let's not even mention the disgusting bathroom.

Kylan exited the bedroom, immediately racing to the windows and opening them for fresh air. This condo needed some deep cleaning, and Jonah living in these conditions were horrible for his health. However, he heard to doorknob click, and his eyes widened, almost stumbling as he glanced to look who it was, as if it was going to be someone else other than Jonah.

And it was.

An elegant woman stepped inside first, and also gagged when she smelt inside. "It was not this bad when I came last time," she hissed, batting her hand in front of her nose.

Jonah was behind her, chuckling as he said, "I've been having it rough these past couple days."

"It's alright, we can sit down and chat about it," she smiled, stepping inside and trying not to make a face.

The anger that boiled in Kylan's stomach was what made him appear from around the wall. His eyes were narrowed towards Jonah and the woman furrowed her brows.

"Kylan?" Jonah said quietly.

Kylan pointed to the woman, "Who is she?"

Jonah immediately stepped forward, blocking the view of the woman and said, "Ky what are you doing in here—"

"I said who is she!" he exclaimed even louder, and the woman inhaled sharply, which they both heard.

"You're not supposed to be here."

"I found four thongs in your bedroom which I know aren't yours and are clearly not mine," he hissed, "whose are they?"

"You've been going through my stuff?"

"Are they hers?!" he screamed.

"No!" Jonah shouted, "They're not hers."

"Who is she—"

"She's a fucking therapist, Ky!" They were both breathing heavily, and Jonah sighed, "My main therapist could not meet with me today so he sent her over. That's happened before already; I'm not sleeping with her."

"So then why is there four different thongs in your bedroom?"

"Some girls left it here — we're broken up, remember?" he raised an eyebrow.

"You're such a pig," he hissed.

"You did the exact same thing to me, so you're just as much of a pig than I am."

Kylan rolled his eyes, "Whatever, I'm glad I broke up with you."

"Ah, so he's the ex you've been talking about," the therapist breathed quietly, but unfortunately, Kylan heard.

Instantly, his head sharply turned to her and he began stomping his feet aggressively towards her, "Tell your girlfriend to shut up—"

"Calm the fuck down," he reached for Kylan's shoulders and stopped him.

"She's talking crap about me—"

"No she isn't, relax Kylan," he grabbed his by his collar and spun him around so Kylan could face him. Then he grimaced, sniffed once more before whispering, "Have you been drinking?"

"I have," he shrugged his shoulders, "what does that matter?"

Jonah irritatedly widened his arms, "Because you're going crazy! You broke into my home when I wasn't here, yelled at my therapist!"

"It's my home too."

"I don't remember you paying for anything."

"This place is trashed because I'm not here."

"That doesn't fucking matter," he rolled his eyes, "get out."

Kylan violently shook his head, "No, I'm not leaving you with her."

"I never once cheated on you Ky, you're the one that left me for some random bitch four doors down from us even though you got jealous when I told her I was friends with you—"

"We were broken up!"

"Okay so then what's the problem, why can't my therapist stay? Isn't Sam home? Why don't you go fuck her some more?" Jonah spat.

"How can you say that to me?"

"Isn't it what you did?"

Kylan narrowed his eyes even more, "You have no idea what's going on with her."

"And trust me, I don't want to know and I don't exactly care. I'm trying to move on from you, but you're making it more difficult than it should be by showing up at my crib—"

"Because I miss you!" he cried, sighing as he bit his bottom lip and said, "I was in the area anyway and needed to see how you were doing."

Jonah had a soft spot for Kylan, and after a few seconds of pause, he glanced towards his therapist and said, "Can I reschedule this meeting?"

"Don't worry," she opened the door, "already in my calendar," and walked out of the condo.

Kylan was fidgeting with his fingers, evidently stressed about this situation and Jonah was resisting the urge to wrap him into his arms. There was something about him that caused his heart to race, his stomach to fill with butterflies. Even his drunk eyes that stared back at him were enough to cause his hormones to race.

"Kylan listen," Jonah's tone had softened, and the straining muscles on his face had as well, "I'm in love with you, and you know this. You asked to break up and wanted your space, and I'm giving you that. But you being here right now is hard for me, because I know you'll just leave and I don't know if my heart can handle that again. I haven't even been able to sleep because I used to always sleep with you Ky."

Kylan bit his bottom lip, shaking his head, "I messed up Jonah, I did something really bad and I don't think you'll ever forgive me for this."

A small smile pulled Jonah's lips, "I could forgive you for anything Kylan, I love you."

He needed to tell him. He lowered his eyes and placed his palms above them, not wanting to see the expressions behind Jonah's gaze when he told him.

Then he whispered,

"Sam's pregnant."