Ch. 23 - "I'll be fine."

"He's staying with me," Jonah growled at Ella who entered his vehicle in the backseat, Kylan chuckling from the front.

It had been about a week since the relapse, and he was discharged from the hospital. They recommended a few psychiatrist for him to see, to which Jonah declined and said he would see someone in Roosevelt. He also had prescribe medicine for his diagnosed depression, and Jonah promised himself that he would never let Kylan have to go through an ordeal like that again.

Ella was not content however, she wanted Kylan to come live with her again. However, Jonah was never going to let that happen, "Stop arguing with me."

"You guys will end up fighting and breaking up again!"

"We're not back together you moron! And I'll take care of him better than you ever could."

"You—"

"Ella," Bradley shushed her as Jonah drove to their home, "Kylan was just discharged. Stop arguing, just for today."

Ella narrowed her eyes at Bradley, but folded her arms and mumbled words under her breath. Jonah had won that argument, to which Kylan found amusing. Although he did not think living with Jonah was a good idea, having someone there for him was what he needed. Ella was always busy with work, and Bradley had her entire attention.

When Ella descended the vehicle and Bradley followed her out, she leaned against Kylan's window, "Call me when you guys get back?"

"I will," Jonah answered for him, which made Ella flare at him.

Kylan smiled, "I will Ella."

"And we're taking Jacob for the weekend?" Ella asked Jonah, to which he nodded his head.

"Thanks for that, by the way—"

"Shut up," Ella growled as she turned away from the car, "I'm only helping you because Bradley convinced me."

"Love you Ella," Kylan said as she stepped towards her home.

She waved a hand, "I love you too."

The car ride back to Roosevelt was quiet, and Kylan was unsure what exactly to say. It had only been a week since he reconnected with Jonah, and every thing was still quite awkward between them. He felt as if he was the high school senior staring at his crush again.

Jonah raised the volume of the radio, jamming to the songs during the entire car ride, and it was only when they reached their exit that he finally asked, "Are you hungry?"

He shook his head, "No, I already ate."

"That gross hospital food?" Jonah scoffed, "Let's get some food."

"I can cook something?"

"No, I don't want you on your feet. If you want homemade food, I'll cook."

"You don't know how to cook."

"I can try, just for you," he smiled with a wink, which caused Kylan's entire face to become red and feel warm. Instantly, Jonah added, "I didn't mean for that to seem as if I was flirting, I—"

"It's alright," he breathed quietly.

Jonah sighed, "Listen Kylan, you know my feelings for you will never change, but I want to focus on getting you better first before we can talk about us."

"So...we're not back together?"

"There's something else I need to tell you..." Jonah seemed a bit nervous, and Kylan raised an eyebrow.

"What is it? You have a girlfriend or something?" he chuckled. When Jonah only responded in silence, biting his bottom lip, Kylan raised an eyebrow, "You seriously have a girlfriend?"

"No."

"Whew, you scared me—"

"I have a boyfriend."

A sudden tension moistened the air within the vehicle, and Kylan's wounded felt as if it had reopened. He turned away from Jonah's examining eyes, and Jonah sighed, "Please don't be mad at me—"

"I'm not, I get it," Kylan forced a smile, resting his head against the window, "You were moving on, it makes sense." He twirled the engagement around his finger, but left it on.

Jonah shook his head, "He helped me throughout my hard moments, and I—"

"I don't need to know Jonah. We're broken up, and we have been for a long time. There's no need to explain yourself."

He paused for a moment, before slowly nodding his head, "He's not going to be around often. It would be rude of me to do so in the midst of everything that's going on."

"Don't put your life on hold because of me Jonah," Kylan furrowed his brows, "I'll be fine."

Kylan was struggling to even breathe, and he forced back tears strangling his eyes. Even his muscles had abnormally stiffened, and he avoided from meeting Jonah's gaze.

And Jonah smiled, "Alright."